Our first aft balcony on Freedom

E23NK1

Hi everyone,

We just booked our first aft balcony. We will be sailing on Freedom...cabin 1702....(have had port and star before)

From everything I have read they seem really popular and go quick so we are excited to try it out.

My wife was set on a normal balcony so I hope I made the right choice...or this may be my last cruise...haha

Edited by E23NK1

We are booked in that room for the 2/1/15 cruise on Freedom. I've found some good pics online, and there is a good You Tube video of 1402 (which is the same except flipped.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by CS-RN

thanks...I will look for the video...the balcony looks alot bigger so that will be a plus...I am thinking the room size is the same as the port and aft cabins but dont know for sure.

You are correct that 1702 is a standard D1 room size and layout. 1700 has the larger room.

From what I can tell from pics and video and pictures, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like it is the standard layout but a little bit longer than other D1 rooms. I noticed that 1702/1402 looks like it can fit 3 night stands in instead of 2....one on either side of the couch and the opposite side of the bed. The pics of other D1's appear to have only one on either side of the bed, and one side of the couch is flush with the wall.

From what I can tell from pics and video and pictures, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like it is the standard layout but a little bit longer than other D1 rooms. I noticed that 1702/1402 looks like it can fit 3 night stands in instead of 2....one on either side of the couch and the opposite side of the bed. The pics of other D1's appear to have only one on either side of the bed, and one side of the couch is flush with the wall.

It might be but it really wasn't noticeable.

• 3 months later...
We are booked in that room for the 2/1/15 cruise on Freedom. I've found some good pics online, and there is a good You Tube video of 1402 (which is the same except flipped.)

Happy Cruise day...enjoy the room!! ...look forward to a room review or pics if you have the chance...Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Some pics of 1702, excuse the mess in the cabin....2 young kids. Loved this room, and it definitely was a little longer than the standard balcony room. It fit 3 night stands in between the couch and beds, plus extra room. We had a total of 4 night stands in the room. ImageUploadedByForums1423523036.013998.jpg.643e0818c0b99f1ff56bc567f3060ac5.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1423522950.690159.jpg.e0bd74c32d616bf48593ad7c3f3e5083.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1423522971.583291.jpg.8bfe3f78196d105c63973e7c55880250.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1423522991.342895.jpg.c6edb93b05f0d50fdc9eeaebfc49b720.jpg

A few more...[ATTACH]339715[/ATTACH][ATTACH]339716[/ATTACH][ATTACH]339717[/ATTACH][ATTACH]339718[/ATTACH][ATTACH]339719[/ATTACH][ATTACH]339720[/ATTACH]

Thank you so much for the pics....they are great...looking forward to the cabin now.

I have read that its alittle bit of a walk from the elevators...what did you think?

Also any vibrations from the engines or excessive motion?

We are traveling with a child as well.

Thanks again.

The walk was not early as bad as as I expected. My dad who has a harder time walking (was next door cabin), a little long for him but tolerated it well. My kids (4 and 8) had zero problem with the walk. There was some vibration, but really didn't really bother us. We did have to put our chair in front of the closet the last couple of nights....the sea was pretty choppy and our closet door kept banging.