Things/Shopping by the pier

azangie

If I remember correctly there is an outdoor mall with little boutique shops about 5 minute walk out of the pier area. Can't miss it, down the road and on your left. I believe the complex was yellow. Not too far past the main gate security checkpoint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Any places near port that are recommended for lunch? We might be spending the day at the Boatyard, but I don't want to miss out if there are some good places to have lunch outside of the boatyard.

Not that I can remember. Is there a reason you won't venture into town? The cab drivers are very nice and professional. The beaches are nice....lots and lots of restaurants. Our cab driver was awesome and stopped and got us some authentic food to try on our way back from a catamaran snorkel trip to see the turtles.

Any places near port that are recommended for lunch? We might be spending the day at the Boatyard, but I don't want to miss out if there are some good places to have lunch outside of the boatyard.

The area directly beside Boatyard is Lobsters Alive ... their restaurant is quite good. :)

LuLu

Not that I can remember. Is there a reason you won't venture into town? The cab drivers are very nice and professional. The beaches are nice....lots and lots of restaurants. Our cab driver was awesome and stopped and got us some authentic food to try on our way back from a catamaran snorkel trip to see the turtles.

I would love to venture out! My whole plan was to get a taxi to Payne's Bay Beach and swim towards the catamarans to see the turtles. But, I haven't gotten any feedback about it on my posts on the board, so I haven't set anything in stone yet.

Maybe you can help with my questions on Payne's Bay...how far is it from port? Are there facilities and places to have lunch on the beach or w poo uld we have to eat in town?

I was reading on Trip Advisor about a place called "Cuz's Fish Shack", it's #1 on TA, anyone know how far from port or Payne's Bay it is?

I'm sorry I am of no help on this...we did the Silver Moon snorkel tour, which was phenomenal. Then we went to a beach and caught a cab back to the boat. From what I remember our cab ride was only about 10 minutes...regardless of what you do, you will love barbados. MAYBE do a forum search in Ports of Call and search Payne in the title only.

I'm sorry I am of no help on this...we did the Silver Moon snorkel tour, which was phenomenal. Then we went to a beach and caught a cab back to the boat. From what I remember our cab ride was only about 10 minutes...regardless of what you do, you will love barbados. MAYBE do a forum search in Ports of Call and search Payne in the title only.

Thanks for the info! :)

I will definitely do a searchd see what I can find because I would prefer a quieter beach over the Boatyard.

Thanks for the info! :)

I will definitely do a searchd see what I can find because I would prefer a quieter beach over the Boatyard.

We are thinking of going to Harbor Lights. I have heard it is quieter, but on the same beach.