Carnival 9c upgrade

1Honey12

Being that Carnival only has about 6 aft wrap cabins and I booked so far ahead (cruising in March), I'm not feeling too good about the possibility of a price drop.

Any of you been lucky enough to get a drop on one of these popular cabins? :confused:

All I'm seeing is price increases.

I did get a $300 price drop for the 9C once.

Didn't expect to get it, so I was very pleasantly surprised.

You should consider yourself pretty lucky! Op, you are correct that the chances are pretty small of it happening. Typically the quickest selling room category on the ship.

Both times I booked 9C's I have had price drops! December of last year on the Breeze and this month on the Sunshine. Both of them, at times, were sold out but I kept checking and they became available again at a lower price, especially at final payment time. It's always possible, just keep checking! Good luck!:)

Hi,

We booked a 9C on the Splendor August 2012, and on the Glory August 2014.

Each time booking in January, and each time we received price drops in the $400 range. I look everyday, morning and night if I think about it.;). Oh, I book ES too.

:)

Our most recent cruise we booked a 9C and then we upgraded to an OS and got $75 back =) I did see the price of the 9C wobble back and forth approximately $40 up until then, but we didn't match it since we had used a 25% discount when we booked and the price would have had to go below that to match. We love the 9C's but took the opportunity to try a suite. Hard to argue with the price going down and the cat going up.

Being that Carnival only has about 6 aft wrap cabins and I booked so far ahead (cruising in March), I'm not feeling too good about the possibility of a price drop.

Any of you been lucky enough to get a drop on one of these popular cabins? :confused:

All I'm seeing is price increases.

Anything is possible. Things change, ppl cancel, give up their rooms etc.

On my Victory sailing in November there is one Aft Wrap that has been for sale for the past 3 weeks. The price has been fluctuating up and down.

Yes! We are booked in a 9C on the Glory for January 2015. We received a price drop of ~$400 about 3 weeks ago - so about 110 days from sailing. I was shocked and elated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh wow! Congrats!! :eek:

I'll keep hope alive :D

Which ship will you be sailing on? Last year I booked an 8D aft cabin on the Breeze's 9th floor, but when we sailed in September they had upgraded the category to a 9C, which gives the Breeze eight aft wraps. That move jilted us out of a lot of OBC. Some people in our roll got as much as $700 OBC or an upgraded cabin. I totally disagree with the move to make that cabins on the 9th floor 9C because they are much smaller than other 9C cabins. The cabin can not accommodate a sofa or chair; the only seating area is the bed:rolleyes:.

Which ship will you be sailing on? Last year I booked an 8D aft cabin on the Breeze's 9th floor, but when we sailed in September they had upgraded the category to a 9C, which gives the Breeze eight aft wraps. That move jilted us out of a lot of OBC. Some people in our roll got as much as $700 OBC or an upgraded cabin. I totally disagree with the move to make that cabins on the 9th floor 9C because they are much smaller than other 9C cabins. The cabin can not accommodate a sofa or chair; the only seating area is the bed:rolleyes:.

The Triumph on the 7th floor. That sucks that you didn't get OBC.

$700 OBC :eek: what I wouldn't do for that :p

Anything is possible. Things change, ppl cancel, give up their rooms etc.

On my Victory sailing in November there is one Aft Wrap that has been for sale for the past 3 weeks. The price has been fluctuating up and down.

Where do you check for price drops? Do you go to the Carnival Fare viewer or do you do a sample booking on the Carnival website? I sometimes do both and get conflicting info, so I'm not sure which one is more accurate.

Where do you check for price drops? Do you go to the Carnival Fare viewer or do you do a sample booking on the Carnival website? I sometimes do both and get conflicting info, so I'm not sure which one is more accurate.

During my routine checks, I use the fare viewer because its simpler. Once I see a drop, I verify using the mock bock booking, since that is how the CSR look for drops. The mock booking is more accurate, because from what I've noticed, Fare Viewer rounds the price to the nearest dollar.

When I submit the form, I always include the rate code info in the notes. It seems to make the approval faster.

We booked a 9B a year in advance, it went up over $400 before selling out with 7 months still to go. I figure the only way we see a drop is if someone upgrades to a suite. And if that happens, they will likel upgrade someone else to the 9B before selling it cheap. So we're not expecting anything, but it doesn't stop me from checking a couple times a week. ;);)

A couple of years ago we had a 9C on the Dream. Booked it one year in advance. I checked almost daily to see if there was a price drop. Luckily, about 3 months before the cruise, someone cancelled their trip during a sale. I was able to get about a $300.00 price reduction. I suggest you check regularly by doing a mock booking to see if one opens up.

I suppose checking around final payment time (Jan) might earn me some price drops.

I'm surprised none have happened considering our roll call for that sail date only consists of me and one other person (from another roll call) asking where everyone is.

It's a Spring Break cruise so I'm sure it's gonna be full. :rolleyes:

I suppose checking around final payment time (Jan) might earn me some price drops.

I'm surprised none have happened considering our roll call for that sail date only consists of me and one other person (from another roll call) asking where everyone is.

It's a Spring Break cruise so I'm sure it's gonna be full. :rolleyes:

Timing of your cruise I am sure will play a part in whether you get a drop or not.