Megan's Bay vs. Coki Beach

reefgeek83

From what I've read, Magen's has a very gentle, flat water entry, and it runs very shallow pretty far out. This is wonderful for people like me who can not swim and somewhat, actually a lot!, afraid of water. But still want to get in the water! Yes, I know it's crazy. But I love Half Moon Cay because of the hard sandy bottom and large shallow area.

My question----Is Coki similar to this? With shallow water entry that runs a good ways out?

This is going to determine where we go. We just want to be able to play with our floats in shallow clear water. Don't require snorkeling.

Thanks for any help.

A couple of comments:

Waterlemon Cay is a small island in Leinster Bay. Basically you snorkel around it. It isn't a beach destination.

Tenn Rose: Magens is perfect for what you want 99% of the time. Just check that there isn't a north swell running (occasional in the winter).

Canadian Pixie: I am not sure if you understand that your comment about locals is extremely offensive.

• 2 months later...

Waterlemon Cay, St John, is IMO, for the avid snorkelor. Its not a place to go and hang on the beach. I wouldnt suggest it to a novice snorkler either. It can have a strong current, but, if snorkeling is your #1 thing, Waterlemon cay is amazing. One of the best Ive ever been too and Ive been to some really great areas in the Carribean and Atlantic.

I liked hanging out at Secret Harbor. It was'nt crowded. It had a restaurant, restrooms and you could call a cab from the front desk of the condo hotel that it is. Not sure what they charge for a day pass. It was $10 when I went a few years ago. Nice snorkeling near the pier and on eithe side of the beach.