Deck 6 or 7 on Zaandam - which is preferable?

grayjay

We'll be on our very first HAL cruise in a few months and we feel sure we'll have a fabulous time on "Zaandam". We now have the chance to change cabins and decks. At the moment we have booked a balcony cabin rather far forward near the front elevators on deck 6. Below there is the atrium and a shop, above there are the suites on deck 7. Now a cabin near the rear elevators on deck 7 has become available, below there are cabins, above there's the Lido restaurant. Both cabins seem to have their ups and downs. Can somebody give advice - which cabin has the better location 7052/7054 or 6124 ? A quiet location and good views from our balcony are what we value most. It seems to me that we might look down on the lifeboats from the cabin on deck 6 whereas the cabins on deck 7 might have an overhang above - it's difficult to see from the few pictures available.

Thank you for your help and insight.

7052/7054 and 6124 are both located near elevators. First ones by the back elevators and the latter on the front elevators. Personally I'd pick 7052/7054, closer to the Lido, and the main dinning room. I don't see where there will be any noise problems in either location.

Oh, this is easy: Navigation Deck (deck 7), by all means. That overhang is worth it just for the shade alone! There will times of sun out there, but also times when you can get a break from the sun.

Since it's a quiet area, and convenient to dining areas, lounges, and the Internet Center, it's a well-located spot.

Thank you for all your answers! I think I'll try for deck 7, then, even if I'm still a bit worried about the overhang which might diminish our view of the beautiful fjords in Chile which we're so eager to see. We have been cruising on Celebrity ships quite a lot and usually avoid the deck with the (huge!) overhang.

So perhaps for those who know their way around both cruise lines: Is the overhang on deck 7 on Zaandam comparable to deck 9 on Celebrity's M-class ships ? It seems to be less on pictures but I can't be sure.

Thank you again. We're very much looking forward to trying out something new with this cruise on a HAL ship!

I think I'll try for deck 7, then, even if I'm still a bit worried about the overhang which might diminish our view of the beautiful fjords in Chile which we're so eager to see.

If that's where you're going, you will really like that overhang. It's going to protect you from the elements in the inclement weather you will find down there.

Now don't get me wrong, the weather isn't bad all the time. But when it is, it's nice to be able to stay outside in a sheltered spot.