2 possible EBOLA patients on MAGIC

dramaqueenjan

Wow!!!! Carnival is treating these passengers very well. Each passenger on board received $200 OBC and 50% off a future cruise with carnival. Nice!!!!!!!! Way to go carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But you know good and well someone on board is going to complain that they missed getting cheap tequila shooters with Corona lite backs at 3 Amigos or Fat Tuesdays. And someone else will whine they were so excited to be going on the swim with the dolphins excursion that missing Cozumel just spoiled their entire vacay! :D

Sounds to me like once Carnival found out the nurse had been at TX Presby, they took what ever precautions they could and attempted to get them off the ship if possible. So long as the nurse hasn't been up-chucking all over the Lido or showed signs of Montezuma's Revenge in the ship's public facilities, I'd say the rest of the crew and passengers are pretty well safe.

Let's hope the new non-medical experienced, Ebola Czar can give better comfort to calm the public than the medicos in charge thus far.

All this is gonna do is have some CCL person at the check in Counter with a thermometer taking temps. That little form you sign saying your not sick, probably wont be good anymore.

How many of us have boarded a ship with a 99.5 temp? millions....chill for a day and your fine. Now you will be denied possibly. Better buy that trrip insurance....

If you connected everyone that came into contact with the first guy and them people that came into contact with them, so on and so on, were way up over a million I'd say....hell 5000 in a single ship possibly.... I'd be a hell of a lot more worried if I was the person sitting next to the nurse that flew to Cleveland and back on a plane. Wheres that person(s)......?

At least CNN isn't reporting waves of sewage washing down the hallways!

Edited by dockmaster

Ebola certainly presents a strong argument for State sponsored research as the drug companies would not have seen it as a profitable venture.

Ironically if one of the companies had worked on it they would now stand to make a fortune but it did not fit into their 'quick buck' mindset.

Homeland Security is funding a portable device that can test and provide results within 15 minutes at 25 bucks a pop

.....but the company researching and producing the device is still 2 years out from a finished product. Dang it.

This is a warning of what can happen in a closed crowded environment like a cruise ship. All it would take is one exposure and the new media would report about the death ship.

I would not like to be someone who is boarding this ship next it would be a tough decision.

but you know good and well someone on board is going to complain that they missed getting cheap tequila shooters with corona lite backs at 3 amigos or fat tuesdays. And someone else will whine they were so excited to be going on the swim with the dolphins excursion that missing cozumel just spoiled their entire vacay! :d

sounds to me like once carnival found out the nurse had been at tx presby, they took what ever precautions they could and attempted to get them off the ship if possible. So long as the nurse hasn't been up-chucking all over the lido or showed signs of montezuma's revenge in the ship's public facilities, i'd say the rest of the crew and passengers are pretty well safe.

Let's hope the new non-medical experienced, ebola czar can give better comfort to calm the public than the medicos in charge thus far.

like, like, like!!!!:d:d

$200 OBC and 50% off their next cruise for 3600 passengers is a hefty financial impact to Carnival and their reputation. They are still trying to put past mishaps behind them and now another. Eventually we (future cruisers) will absorb those costs. I wouldn't be surprised if thermal scanning similar to what is used in Japan airports will be used before going onboard. Anyone who has a high fever gets additional screening or denied access regardless. Better to be proactive then reactive.

I'd be a hell of a lot more worried if I was the person sitting next to the nurse that flew to Cleveland and back on a plane. Wheres that person(s)......?

From the truth is stranger than fiction department, the two male strippers who sat near her on the flight to Texas have put themselves in isolation and say:

‘If a stripper can make a decision that’s more responsible than the CDC, then surely other people can make those decisions, too.’

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/male-strippers-quarantine-flying-ebola-stricken-nurse-article-1.1977644

I didn't think that Belieze let them port either. If so, that would be 2 ports missed. It certainly wasn't Carnival's fault. I feel sorry for the vendors and excursion people who missed out on both ports.

Carnival is doing the OBC and future cruise discount as a good will gesture for its passengers. I don't think that they will bankrupt themselves even losing a lot of money. They have deep pockets.

Love how I can't get an answer

What was the ships normal

Route?

Leave from Texas

Then where

Then where

INTINARY

Is there a reason you cannot go on the Carnival site and find this out? In the time it took you to repeatedly post same on this thread, I'm sure you could have found out yourself :confused:

Carnival will probably come out ahead. If you think about it, those 3,000+ cruisers are staying on board for an extra 2 or 3 days: they are going to be spending their money on buying booze, souvenirs and gambling.

Very good point. Who knows, maybe Carnival asked those countries not to let them port. JK

Carnival will probably come out ahead. If you think about it, those 3,000+ cruisers are staying on board for an extra 2 or 3 days: they are going to be spending their money on buying booze, souvenirs and gambling.

If those people were not on the ship other people would be on it spending money. Passengers are onboard 365 days a year spending money.

My understanding is that when there are no symptoms it also means there is very little detectable virus and tests are therefore not that accurate; also there is not yet a quick test available,

This week, maybe. Some institutions are now working on earlier detection. Check back next week.

This is a warning of what can happen in a closed crowded environment like a cruise ship. All it would take is one exposure and the new media would report about the death ship.

I would not like to be someone who is boarding this ship next it would be a tough decision.

This is a warning of how irrational people can be and why terrorism succeeds.

I will still pay the name change fee for anyone who wants to give me their cruise. :)

Change the facts slightly.

Let's say that the health-care worker who “may have” handled lab specimens from Dallas Ebola victim Thomas Eric Duncan, actually did, and lets say half way through the cruise she began vomiting, but the ship was rocking due to waves/storm, etc., and let's assume she got off in Coz and spent some time at Carlos and Charlies and Senior Frogs and got back on the ship with an empty "yard of beer" in one hand and a sombrero in the other, wearing that silly balloon hat on her head. She is woozy, gets back on the ship and heads up for some food, but vomits all over the lido deck or in the eating area, or better yet, off the railing, spraying a decent portion of the balconies and anyone walking back to the ship (and the adjacent ship) below.

Someone adds two and two and figures out she might have been exposed to ebola. Now you have an entire ship (or possibly two ships) where there is a serious question about a whole bunch of folks exposed.

So, two ships, let's say each has 3,000 passengers, and let's assume both departed from USA ports. Will those 6,000 people be allowed in the USA or will they be given these expensive tests, after a few weeks in quarantine?

My wife and I were woke up this morning by family members that knew we were planning to take our first cruise in the near future. It had been hard enough to talk the wife into taking a cruise and now it seems like everybody that we told is calling us telling us we are crazy because of the new scare.

We had not made the reservations yet so I hope this scare blows over soon. I have decided not to buy into the scare and am avoiding talking to family and friends about it while the media hype is still going on.

The bad thing is that it will be that much harder now to convince the wife that we should still go on a cruise. Oh well, I just don't understand why the person that was exposed got on the ship. If they started getting a fever the people in moon suits would have had to drag them off and put a lot of people at some risk.

I guess I will just watch Gambee review videos until this mess gets out of the news then bring up booking a cruise later.

You would be very stupid to lie if had a fever or any other signs of this disease, and were in contact with it or even thought you could have. I don't think anyone would take that chance. Getting treatment fast will help greatly with survival rate. if this lady on the cruise had any symptoms she would have been helicoptered off a soon a possible, as that is her only chance of surviving.

Exactly...you know you have fever, etc. and your gonna hide it to go on the cruise, rather than trying to save your own life? Ridiculous assumption!

Why does everything bad about cruising (except Concordia) seem to happen to Carnival??? I know it can happen on any line, but it just seems like a streak of bad luck.

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Concordia is also owned by Carnival, it is all in the same barrel.

How many of us have boarded a ship with a 99.5 temp? millions....chill for a day and your fine. Now you will be denied possibly. Better buy that trrip insurance....

Advil, tylenol or aspirin will take care of any pesky fevers you want to conceal (at least long enough to get on board), which is why temperature screening is useless in mass transit situations.