First Aid Kit?

Scrap Addict

We have a bag that we keep packed for vacation. I recommend picking up cough, cold, and decongestant items. If you come down with a cold, you don't want to waste valuable vacation time hunting down cold meds in port.

We found the Walmart shuttle in Ketchikan to gdt cold meds. By the way, it's free and a pretty good mini city tour :)

Do you get these over-the-counter somewhere?

And to you and the others who pack antibiotics in medicine kits:

Do you worry about growing drug resistance by "self-prescribing" these anti-biotics they may not be necessary? Particularly second- or third-generation antibiotics like Cipro. I know it's expensive and time-consuming, but I would far rather make sure that I NEED an antibiotic with a visit to the on-board doctor, than take one when I did not need one.

I take an antibiotic prescribed by my dentist along with me just in case I have a toothache. I don't need anyone to tell me I have a toothache; I can guess at that one myself.

I also have an antibiotic prescription from my doctor for a specific problem that pops up from time to time. I don't need to see a doctor onboard to tell me what is wrong. I'm pretty perceptive on that one as well.

I take an antibiotic prescribed by my dentist along with me just in case I have a toothache. I don't need anyone to tell me I have a toothache; I can guess at that one myself.

I also have an antibiotic prescription from my doctor for a specific problem that pops up from time to time. I don't need to see a doctor onboard to tell me what is wrong. I'm pretty perceptive on that one as well.

I'm not asking about prescribed antibiotics, I'm was specifically asking about the ones that posters have mentioned they pick up over the counter in other countries and keep in first aid kits "just in case."

Taking antibiotics when they are not needed, for example when the infection is viral is a serious contributing factor in drug-resistance.

I'm not asking about prescribed antibiotics, I'm was specifically asking about the ones that posters have mentioned they pick up over the counter in other countries and keep in first aid kits "just in case."

Taking antibiotics when they are not needed, for example when the infection is viral is a serious contributing factor in drug-resistance.

You are so correct.