Sapphire Princess 2015 - Drydock ??

jimchi

It looks like the Sapphire Princess is being taken out of service from April until October 2015. That's 6 months. Does anyone know if it's going to have a major overhaul or some other reason why it's being taken out of service?

It looks like the Sapphire Princess is being taken out of service from April until October 2015. That's 6 months. Does anyone know if it's going to have a major overhaul or some other reason why it's being taken out of service?

I think that might be another Chinese charter period not an overhaul.

• 3 months later...
Sapphire will be doing the Yangtze Experience/Grand Asia cruises during this period. Where did you get the info it was going out of service ??
The period between April and October can't be booked on the Princess website. It must be chartered during that time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

She had a major dry dock a couple of years ago. Too soon for anything other than a routine maintenance dry dock, if any. They're usually every three years.

The ship is likely chartered to sail in China. Princess and Carnival Corp are doing several joint ventures.

On the Sapphire now, it is going into drydock in March for two weeks, dates are on the MBCC website. Getting new chairs in Horizon court and hopefully Crooners, they are looking a bit sad! Dont think any major work though.

Chez

Xx

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Forums mobile app

Don't know about the rest of the months but October is booked to a Chinese group's charter. We found that out when our reservations for the Oct. 6 sailing were cancelled with only a $200. shipboard credit offered IF we book the Nov. 9 sailing. Bah Humbug, Princess!

• 2 weeks later...
Don't know about the rest of the months but October is booked to a Chinese group's charter. We found that out when our reservations for the Oct. 6 sailing were cancelled with only a $200. shipboard credit offered IF we book the Nov. 9 sailing. Bah Humbug, Princess!

I'd ask for more OBC and air change costs to be covered. Know that a couple years back they moved someone I know to a lower category cabin and gave them huge OBC, like 50% of what they paid and then some...so much OBC one of the pax ended up with a new high end watch to ensure the OBC got spent.

Great.

I have $2,200 non refundable invested in air fare.

Let's see if they cough that up.

I am VERRRRY disappointed.

Call and chat with them. Also, if you have travel insurance see what if any it may help cover. I'd think if you use the air on a different set of flights (and I understand you may not fly otherwise so it may not be possible) that you could recover most of it with change fees only.

To all affected it definitely stinks big time...wish you each good luck on picking a new cruise so you can still enjoy vacation.

Great.

I have $2,200 non refundable invested in air fare.

Let's see if they cough that up.

I am VERRRRY disappointed.

We decided to go ahead and take the Nov. 9 cruise. We usually book our own airfare but decided for the Oct. sailing to do it through Princess. Glad we did as they did refund all we spent on air.