HAL Excursions Open To Other Ships?

Saphire

Just booked our winter cruise, such a great feeling! I am looking at excursions in St. Thomas and the St. John Catamaran Sail sounds great. However, there will be six other ships in port that day. Are HAL excursions open to the other ships? If so, the catamaran is sure to be crowded. Any help is appreciated!

Just booked our winter cruise, such a great feeling! I am looking at excursions in St. Thomas and the St. John Catamaran Sail sounds great. However, there will be six other ships in port that day. Are HAL excursions open to the other ships? If so, the catamaran is sure to be crowded. Any help is appreciated!

My large catamaran to St John had passengers from three ships.

We have been on a number of excursions that had passengers from other ships and / or other cruise lines on them. It's not unusual, particularly if it's something big, like a large boat trip.

Depending on how well the excursion is selling, there may be multiple catamarans from different vendors all doing the same excursion. We did a catarmaran/snorkel shore ex to St. John several years ago, and the cat was crowded but it was all HAL pax. There were other catamarans in the area that we snorkeled in, but the boats kept a good distance from each other so we weren't swimming in a huge group.

In Alaska we did a whale watch in Juneau, and there were so many HAL pax booking the shore ex that the vendor used a second boat - we were on the second boat and shared it with Celebrity pax. We got to the boat first and took all the prime viewing locations along the rails so when the Celebrity pax arrived, they were less than happy. Most of us shared our spots so everyone got a good view of the whales.

Are HAL excursions open to the other ships? If so, the catamaran is sure to be crowded.

The catamaran won't be any fuller than any other time. The catamaran has a rated capacity. If it fills to that capacity from one ship, or 3, that is still the rated capacity. I doubt it would say we will say 1/3 full if that is all they can get from one ship.