Is Celebrity going to a two-class system?

lisiamc

Hasn't cruising always been (at least) a two class system? I think the people that are paying the most should get some extras - absolutely no question about that. The cruise line would be crazy not to since it should do what is necessary to attract repeat business. In the scope of things, most of the extras aren't costing the cruise line much at all. A few drinks, some appetizers, a dinner here and there. Mere pennies compared to what a suite guest is paying over their lifetime if they continue to sail with that line.

I will be in a suite (Sky Suite) for the first time in March on Summit and really looking forward to it. We did it because my MIL and FIL also booked a suite so we thought it would be nice to "share" the same experience. Looking forward to the extra room and nicer bathroom. Personally, I think having a butler will be weird - we'll see how that works out.

As for Michael's Club becoming the Elite + Concierge Lounge, I am glad they finally found a real purpose for that space that I saw many people using on the April cruise.

And as to Captain's Club, that goes beyond "class" in my opinion. You can stay only in inside cabins and become Elite + and get all those amenities. And I think the cruise lines should reward loyalty - regardless of cabin choice. They should be glad you are sailing with them as opposed to another line.

We haven't noticed people acting out classist behaviour on Celebrity to a greater or lesser extent than any other mass-market cruise line.

Not to be self-centered, but others can be who they are, or who they think they are, as they see fit. For us, cruising is about having fun, and that occupies most of our attention.

Comme ci comme ca.

We haven't noticed people acting out classist behaviour on Celebrity to a greater or lesser extent than any other mass-market cruise line.

Not to be self-centered, but others can be who they are, or who they think they are, as they see fit. For us, cruising is about having fun, and that occupies most of our attention.

Comme ci comme ca.

Exactly, I don't allow other people's behaviour to effect my cruise.:D