Aussie Hailz's Review of South Pacific on Radiance OTS 1st April, 2014

Hailzmick

Wow! That's a lot of travelling by train. BTW wouldn't it be easier to travel Manchester to Glasgow before going to London and Paris. The cruises will be great:-)

Ha ha, yes, that was the original plan! However our travel agent got us super cheap flights 3 days earlier than planned & we have to be in Glasgow for that long weekend- also we are flying in to Manchester, so I can't really think of a better itinerary unfortunately.

We would have preferred to fly direct from Glasgow to Paris, but flights for that day as it's a public holiday as SOOOOO expensive!!!

I'm excited that we will get to see so much of the countryside of the different countries we see as there is so much on trains.

:-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sounds extensive and expensive. I am envious!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Very extensive considering it started out as a 7 night cruise! Ha ha!!!

It will be our last chance at travelling the world before we settle down and try for a family. (Of course any children that we do have, will have to have sea legs, or be born a mermaid as we still want to keep cruising, but just a bit closer to home!)

I've been bargain hunting & been on amazing websites to save money for tours on land and hotel stays as well.

I found an apartment in London that is usually over $2,000 a night for under $150 per night!

I can get most of our accommodation around Europe for about $100 (Aussie) per night which at the moment is about $88USD. & that's staying in nice apartments. But I'm literally trolling thru different websites daily! (I do love it!)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry my post has taken so long to write.

My sister & her partner of 10 years have broken up in the last couple of weeks & She is moving in with Mick & I until she is ready to buy another house of her own & be independent again.

She's exactly 1 year & 20 days older than me, but I've always been like her big sister. I just want to wrap her in cotton wool!

Day 9- AT SEA

We woke up early, ready to start the day! It was a bitter sweet day, as it was our last full day on Radiance of the Seas.

We had both booked in to get our teeth whitened.

I usually have pretty white teeth but they have become a coffee drinker this last couple of years, so my teeth haven't stayed as white as usual.

10am & we got shown thru the SPA to a waiting area where Mick could relax & wait for me, then we would swap.

The girl doing my teeth whitening was so lovely & we chatted thru most of my procedure. After it was done, (it was super messy & yukky), I swapped with Mick.

As I was laying in the Spa room, waiting for him, there was a "Doctor" doing a seminar. It was, "How to look 10 years younger". It was targeted at women in their late 50's and older. It was actually for a Botox like injection & he was telling them how old & wrinkly their skin was & how they needed these injections. I felt so sorry for these women.

Mick came out & was happy with his results. But we felt very pressured in to buying a 3 month upkeep for $600- yes, $600! We were royally ripped off!!!

The girl doing my teeth whitening was so lovely & we chatted thru most of my procedure. After it was done, (it was super messy & yukky), I swapped with Mick.

As I was laying in the Spa room, waiting for him, there was a "Doctor" doing a seminar. It was, "How to look 10 years younger". It was targeted at women in their late 50's and older. It was actually for a Botox like injection & he was telling them how old & wrinkly their skin was & how they needed these injections. I felt so sorry for these women.

Mick came out & was happy with his results. But we felt very pressured in to buying a 3 month upkeep for $600- yes, $600! We were royally ripped off!!!

Very similar thing happened to myDH. There was a special on the whitening so had it done - only afterwards did they mention he would need an upkeep kit at an additional cost. He declined. This was the second time we have been unhappy with the 'bait and switch' tactics of the spa, so will no longer patronize them on any RCI ship.

• 4 months later...

Well hi folks!

My goodness- it has been quite a long time since I have posted and I didn't get to finish my review in full.

Saying goodbye to our table mates that night was sad, so sad infact, that we decided to meet up for breakfast instead! Ha ha.

We slowly packed our suitcases and had them outside of our room before 9.30pm to be collected & taken off the ship first thing in the morning.

Dinner was fun, but sad. We knew we would see everyone again, but Melbourne and LA aren't exactly an hour's drive from each other... Would we stay in contact until our cruise???

I washed my hair and straightened it. (My hair is long and very thick, so I usually don't bother). I also put on a full face of make up.

TIP NUMBER 4) Everyone gets a photo on the first day of the cruise. Not just the one as you walk in that says the cruise ship's name behind you- but on your Seapass card for security purposes too. Sooo, I always make sure I look good- even just for that very photo! It also means you don't have to do your hair again before dinner on the first night.

LOVE THIS TIP!!! Totally makes sense but it did not even occur to me!

My hair is long and curly (read frizzy!!) so although it looks sort of bohemian and cool in person, it DOES NOT translate to pictures!:D