Anyone on 11/2 Maiden Voyage still have a Virtual balcony

In the last few days a whole lot of us on the 11/2 Maiden Voyage who booked GTY cabins and had already been assigned our cabins, have been upgraded to balconies (mostly on Deck 13).

We are naturally very happy we got upgraded but with it being so many we are wondering if there could be a problem with the Virtual Balconies and that is why we have been upgraded.:confused:

Is there anyone out there who is on 11/2 Maiden Voyage still booked in a Virtual Balcony ?

We do! We turned off upgrades for this one - we didn't want to give it up. Can't be in a virtual balcony on every other ship (not yet at least)!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited as just noticed your next post.

So you got moved too I see.

Edited by Elizanessie

We were on deck 12 midship - I doubt it's a consolidation issue. We were moved to deck 9 aft.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So now only one person I know of on our sailing has a virtual balcony, I am betting next time she checks her reservation she will find it has changed.

I don't think it is a consolidation issue either.

So now only one person I know of on our sailing has a virtual balcony, I am betting next time she checks her reservation she will find it has changed.

I don't think it is a consolidation issue either.

I'm off the phone with no solution/information - it's with the "resolution" department now. I'm very curious if anyone has one anymore.

My guess this is why our boat when from having 100+ staterooms available one day to being sold out the next. They probably found an issue with the virtual balcony rooms during construction and stopped bookings so they could move people around if need be. Less than two weeks until embarkation, they move people around.

On the nature of the technical issue - my guess is they found the virtual balconies would be very disorienting/nauseating in choppy seas. With the type of seas we're likely to have on a transatlantic, I'm sure they are being cautious.

On the nature of the technical issue - my guess is they found the virtual balconies would be very disorienting/nauseating in choppy seas. With the type of seas we're likely to have on a transatlantic, I'm sure they are being cautious.

While I think it's quite possible there could be a technical issue with the virtual balconies, I don't think the transatlantic crossing has anything to do with it. Regardless of the seas you can always turn off the virtual balcony if you find it disorienting.

Also keep in mind this technology has already been tested on a large group of inside cabins on NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS so QUANTUM is certainly not the first ship to have it.

Why it appears everyone was moved out of the insides may remain a mystery until we get onboard. Many designers, shipyard workers, and Royal executives will be onboard and we will be able to ask them personally.

Why it appears everyone was moved out of the insides may remain a mystery until we get onboard. Many designers, shipyard workers, and Royal executives will be onboard and we will be able to ask them personally.

I think you answered the mystery - shipyard workers to the inside, guests to the balconies.

There have been a lot of upgrades on my 11/18 sailing also. People were getting upgraded while still having their cabin on the 24 hour hold. Before they even paid a penny. Obstructed Balconies to D2's.

Wow, I had an inside cabin on hold for that 3 night until last night. I am not going as my friend cannot go. I will be just off the Explorer repo so maybe "cruised out". Will workers still be onboard then?

Really surprised these cruises were not sold out.

Denise

Edited by DKNYC