Westerdam---Me and the wife

Horsegoer

The Westerdam is a very nice ship in very good condition (we were on her a year ago). As I recall, she is newer than her sister ships (Zuiderdam and Oosterdam) which also are in good shape. In fact, I am sailing on one of them very soon, so obviously not concerned about the age and condition. Every HAL ship is a bit different (I think Westerdam has a chocolate shop but not a very good theater for example).

<snip>

DaveOKC

Indeed, Zuiderdam is the first of the four sisters. Then came Oosterdam, Westerdam and Noordam joined the fleet in February, 2006 and is the newest Vista Ships.

I was on Westerdam in both June and September. The latest changes were from the March/April dry dock. I forget exactly when it took place.

As I mentioned in my other reply, these pictures are not ALL from July 2014 as stated because (and this is the obvious example) there are Christmas trees in several of the pictures

Drydock was the first weeks of April. I took the post dry dock cruise on April 15/14.

The real name is Chocolate Seduction and it is located just forward of the Shops on Deck 3. You can see photographs of it on my Westerdam link posted earlier on this thread.

Here is the menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/IMG_0756.pdf

They also sell candy.

We will also be sailing on Westerdam for the first time this winter.

I was wondering if Chocolate Seduction will be open a fair amount, as I've read a few comments about no one working there?

I'd love to try their chocolate coctails.