Maisie mac

I booked a RCI cruise 1 month ago on the Allure of the Seas for Dec 2014 and it's now been reduced by £400 ($640) so if your thinking of booking a cruise I would advise you to wait until the last minute as the price DOES go down. Apparently RCI cannot compensate once payment is made. Couldn't even offer a nominal on board spend once payment has been made in full. What a joke I will definitely not consider them for future cruising.

I booked a RCI cruise 1 month ago on the Allure of the Seas for Dec 2014 and it's now been reduced by £400 ($640) so if your thinking of booking a cruise I would advise you to wait until the last minute as the price DOES go down. Apparently RCI cannot compensate once payment is made. Couldn't even offer a nominal on board spend once payment has been made in full. What a joke I will definitely not consider them for future cruising.

As is the policy with all Cruise lines now, except for Carnivals early Saver program (which comes with a host of other restrictions), there are no price reductions or OBC for price drops after the final payment.... It has been this way for a while now.....

This has been policy since May 2010. Its an industry standard and unless you book under Carnivals early saver rate you will have a impossible time finding another mass market cruise line that will give you OBC after final payment date if your cruise goes down.

Some of us CANT wait until last minute which is why I book a cabin I want at a price Im confortable with and stop looking for price drops inside 75 days of the cruise :)

Edited by ryano

The price may go down or it may go up, it depends on the sailing. The price may go down, but for a room class you're not interested in.

No, you can't get a refund or OBC after final payment, but you are allowed to upgrade for the lower price if you want.

I've only been on two cruises and I learned this while doing the research for my first.

That policy is the same as other lines.

If you are looking for a last minute deal then I suggest in future waiting until last minute not a couple of months out if you have that flexibility. My parents wait until cruises are a week out and get great deals as they are flexible regarding ships and ports of call.

Unfortunately we are a party of three so on the few occasions we have booked that close it normally means we can't get the cabins we want or even our first choice ship, and by then flight costs have gone up so much it offsets the savings for the cruise.

Our last cruise was hundreds more than what we paid a few months out and kept going up. It's a choice you make based on what you are prepared to pay at the time of booking

Edited by Spurschick