3 adults in one cabin ????

My husband and I shared with our daughter (25) and there was never an over crowding issue. She had the sofa bed, and the bathroom was on a fair sort of rota system. Occasionally we fell over each other, but nothing that impacted on the holiday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It can definitely be done! I've traveled with my family of 4 (2 daughters) and it's never been an issue.

This is also the way that my mom, sister and I travel anywhere we go. We always go places with the 3 of us and it's so much fun. We have yet to try a cruise though with the 3 of us. Have a fantastic time!

Next Oct, my husband & I and our adult daughter will be in a JS on the Serenade. The daughter & I might have to share drawer space but not even thinking of that really.

This really won't be a problem. We have been in a JS on the Serenade and there is TONS of storage space! There were only two of us and we had cupboards and shelves we didn't even use! And this was on an Alaskan cruise, which meant more clothing.

I just cruised with my parents in the same cabin last month. I have only been with my kids and husband in the past except on the times when we've had family suites with the extra bathrooms. It was really easy though. My dad liked to go to the concierge lounge at 4:30 so he was always ready and out so Mom and I could shower and get ready to meet him there later. The beds were set up bunk style with the other bed against the wall so we had walking space in between the beds. We were in an interior on the Navigator. We had plenty of storage space for everything. We all are seasoned cruise travelers though so we don't bring a lot more than we need.

Emily, my husband & I had a JS on the ROS during our NZ & Transpacific cruises this past March/April and loved the storage in them.:) Getting in and out of the Tub you had to be careful but if we could afford a JS all the time, that would be 1st choice. Initially the daughter & I were in a D-1 ( Oct 2015 SOS cruise) then DH changed his mind and decided to go which was the reason I moved us to a JS. He was thinking after our 54 day Australia/NZ & Hawaii to Vancouver trip, he was done.:D

I've done it several times with my adult sisters & also with my parents...as long as you communicate ahead of time it is doable....I even sailed with my sisters in a tiny outside cabin on Sovereign...and no one ended up overboard before the end of the cruise...:D

I think two per cabin is the way to go. With all the talk of people using the fitness center showers, I think the cruise lines are missing out on a valuable revenue source. They should charge for use of the fitness center showers.

They could also do a deep discount for those who do not want a cabin at all. Passengers could shower in the fitness center and sleep in public areas such as the Viking Crown lounge or in hammocks up on deck. The massage tables in the spa are not used at night and are another possibility for sleeping quarters. The ships could create locker space for the luggage of those cruising without cabins and rent that out on a weekly basis. They could sail with hundreds more guests each week. The revenue managers will be thrilled