Coffee

eliana

The "luxury" of travel for us in not the food on any ship ( we appreciate good food), but the opportunity to experience the wonderful food in different countries.

Luxury is getting off the ship in Monaco and having a Michelin rated lunch at Château de La Chèvre d'Or in Eze or the many other wonderful places we have experienced while cruising. This is how we define Luxury.

I agree (and should have thought of that). Regent did an excursion (with a fee - not included) to a two star Michelin rated restaurant (Quatro Passi on the Amalfi coast) that was to die for. I like your definition of luxury.

While your mediocre review on the thread your started is understandable and is what you experienced, you have yet to experience other cruise lines. IMO, it is important for the reader to know that your opinions are based on one experience. Perhaps you could add a signature using the "User CP" function above where your past and future cruises can be listed. This gives the reader an idea of your base of reference.

OctoberKat,

Your posts have been put down several times as those of a newbie. I found that a bit arrogant and I hope it does not discourage other new cruisers from posting their opinions. I thought your description of your cruise was fun to read & informative. Your Regent experience also mirrored my Regent experience. If your writing style is reflective of a newbie, I think many of us more experienced cruisers could take a lesson in travel writing from your posts. And, Seabourn serves clotted cream with its scones, even when at sea.

OctoberKat,

Your posts have been put down several times as those of a newbie. I found that a bit arrogant and I hope it does not discourage other new cruisers from posting their opinions. I thought your description of your cruise was fun to read & informative. Your Regent experience also mirrored my Regent experience. If your writing style is reflective of a newbie, I think many of us more experienced cruisers could take a lesson in travel writing from your posts. And, Seabourn serves clotted cream with its scones, even when at sea.

Hope that my posts have not seem like a putdown as that is not my intent. As I so often say, it helpful to people reading Cruise Critic (and there are many new people every day - the majority of which do not post) to put your cruising history as part of your signature (that can be repressed so it need not show on the same thread repeatedly). As you know, I post what factual information that I know about Seabourn and Crystal and feel that it is important for people reading my posts to know that I have not sailed on either Seabourn or Crystal. If I fail to mention it, someone else invariably does.

Some of what OctoberKat posts has been quite negative - saying that she does not feel that Regent is luxury. This is her opinion and is certainly valid based on her cruise on the Navigator. When this is posted on a thread to someone considering Regent, should the OP not know that this is based on one cruising experience -- or from someone who has not stepped foot on the ship -- or if someone has not sailed on Regent for several years -- or, finally, if this is from someone that regularly sails on Regent? IMO, this makes a difference.

In any case, it is good to know that Seabourn has clotted cream. There are many things I read about Seabourn that are wonderful..... if only there wasn't smoking on the balcony.

OctoberKat,

We have found your comments to be a breath of fresh air on this board and do hope you continue. As an aside, I would never list past travel experiences on CC as they become a matter of dissection and scrutiny and subject to re-education.

We have found your comments to be a breath of fresh air on this board and do hope you continue. As an aside, I would never list past travel experiences on CC as they become a matter of dissection and scrutiny and subject to re-education.

Agree that diebroke or anyone else that has experience with Regent post and give me their experiences on Regent. That is what CruiseCritic is all about. It is too bad that you choose not to give people new to Regent the background that you have sailing on Regent as that is valuable information. Not sure what you mean by "dissection and scrutiny................", however, IMO, reading other Regent passengers experiences (especially if they differ from mine) is always interesting. I welcome "the other side of the story".

Edited by Travelcat2