Ultimate Drink Package

cmeverson

I have purchased the Ultimate package for an upcoming cruise in Feb. My favorite drink is anything that comes in a fresh pineapple. Does anyone know if drinks served in a pineapple are covered?

Usually any type of special souvenir glass is not covered, but I can't recall if we had to pay extra for those drinks served in a pineapple. I would think they may possibly just charge a couple of dollars for the difference, similar to the souvenir glasses, but who knows.

I drink beer only, never more than 5/6 a day, not sure what the price of beer is on rc, should I look at the drink packages?

Here's a beer menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38675006&postcount=4

The beer package is $39 per day so you can figure out for yourself if it would be worth it.

I drink beer only, never more than 5/6 a day, not sure what the price of beer is on rc, should I look at the drink packages?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Beers range from about $5-9 US plus 15% gratuity. Whether a package is for you, that's debatable. The Select package may or may not be a fit. Why not wait till you board and take a look at the actual available beers, check out pricing and decide then?

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a beer menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38675006&postcount=4

The beer package is $39 per day so you can figure out for yourself if it would be worth it.

If I'm reading that correctly (and if it's up-to-date) I'm surprised to see that they only have one India Pale Ale on the menu ... and equally surprised that it's not included with the Ultimate package. With the popularity of IPAs these days, that seems off.

For me I'm looking forward to not having to worry about my bar bill at the end of the cruise. There were many times on previous cruises that I held back from ordering another drink because I was worried about the bill at the end of the cruise. I ordered the drink packages months ago and they are paid for. I don't have to worry about that expense again! I can just go and enjoy myself and not have to second guess on whether I should get another drink or not!

You will enjoy it.

Make sure you take advantage of the fresh squeezed oj, specialty coffee/tea, and bottled water. We had a wonderful bartender in the Champagne bar each night (we were on a B2B) on FOS, who made wonderful martinis for us to try. I normally wouldn't have ordered something like a Tropical Martini for fear I wouldn't like it and it would be a waste.

You can get bottled water from any bar, as well as the promenade cafe. We kept a supply of bottled waters in our stateroom fridge. I also had Pelligrino each night in the MDR.

When I was in the solarium, the waiter would bring me my cocktail and a bottle of water together.

Still had to sign receipts most times, but sometimes not at all.

I don't consider my husband and I to be big drinkers at all. We do drink more while on a cruise vacation, but spread out throughout the day, including everything offered in the package, we thought it was a pretty good thing.

Looking at the list i find it quite amusing that Fosters is the only Australian beer on the menu. It's also one of the most expensive.

I dont believe i know an Aussie that would drink it if it was the last beer in the pub.:)

Edited by Bartwawa

Looking at the list i find it quite amusing that Fosters is the only Australian beer on the menu. It's also one of the most expensive.

I dont believe i know an Aussie that would drink it if it was the last beer in the pub.:)

Interesting, never knew that.

And I don't believe Fosters is included in the package. :)

I should also mention that we had excellent bar service everywhere on board. Having a sticker on our card didn't change that.

The only place where it got a little weird, and really not a big deal, was in the MDR. They would come around with the large bottles of sparkling water to pour into your glass. When I ask for some, they saw I had an Ultimate sticker, and came back with an individual bottle of Pellegrino and poured it into my glass. Must be for package tracking purposes or something.

Well, it is the big tin, so even though it's the most expensive and not worth drinking, at least you get a lot of it. :D

We have access to the CL at night and we still buy the Premium package. I don't drink OJ or coffee. So the PP provides me my drink of choice and bottled water. We really stock up on the waters for our room. We usually order a bottle water with our drinks. The Ultimate wouldn't be worth the money to me. IMO

I was curious if anyone thinks the Ultimate Drink package is worth it? From what I see, you get the Premium Package and Royal Replenish combined right? Does that mean I would have to drink 7 to 8 drinks/beers per day to just break even right?

-Chris

Past

RCCL Mariner of the Seas

Jan 15th, 2006

(7 Day - Western Caribbean)

RCCL Freedom of the Seas

Dec 1st, 2013

(7 Day - Eastern Caribbean)

RCCL Enchantment of the Seas

Apr 4th, 2014

(3 Day - Bahamas)

Future

RCCL Oasis of the Seas

Nov 22nd, 2014

(7 Day - Western Caribbean)

RCCL Independence of the Seas

Mar 14th, 2015

(8 Day - Eastern Caribbean)

With the holiday special that includes MOET AND CHANDON by the glass from Nov - January, I've upgraded from the Premium to the Ultimate package. Looks like the Oasis also is eligible for this. If you are a champagne drinker, this could tip the balance ($17 per glass for MOET for me in the past) !

1189887547_ScreenShot2014-11-11at10_44_27AM.jpg.99d5618be53eacf758222737f9177903.jpg