Beach bar other than Jack's?

satbeachbill

Are there other beach bars other than Jack's? It's been a few years since we've been to GT. Going back in 2 weeks- Yea!! Seems to me there were a couple beach bars betwen Jack's and M'ville. I've also read that some of those may have closed down. We'd just like to try somewhere other than Jacks.

Does anyone know of other places open along that beach?

There are two that I am aware of before you geo Jack's, Captain Hooks is right at the port area and an the Village bar is closed but was open last December but I do not remember the name. I think the crew bar is also in the same area but some close and may not be open. Captain Hooks in December had bucket of beer and cracked conch at reasonable prices and the conch was good. I know Jack's gets most of the attention but I prefer these other places.

We were not impressed with Jack's at all. Very excited after reading reviews, but we paid way too much for a couple of lounge chairs and an umbrella, drinks were expensive, food took FOREVER and was just OK. Ran out of anything we wanted by 11 am. Not friendly at all. We thought we'd spend the day there, so that's why we rented the chairs, etc. We were heading back toward the ship before 1 pm. We stopped at Local Village (which is possibly there under a new name, or not opened) and it was exactly what we wanted!! Ice cold CHEAP local beer right out of the ice bucket, fabulous cracked conch, free chairs and really, really nice staff, great music. They cut open a coconut and filled it with rum for us to share, etc. They made a lot in tips the day we stopped in! Just so much more friendly that the one down the beach. We were glad we stopped there and would not make the walk down to Jack's again.

I've heard the Crew Bar is great too, but sounds like bars open and close there at the drop of a hat, so, try one out, and if you don't like it....move on. We're glad we did!

• 1 month later...

we use to LOVE Jack's Shack, use to go there when no one else went there. But lately I find it busy, noisy and very pricey and not at all like it use to be. Guess it is a victim of its own success.

I am curious are there any beach clubs to the right when you get to the beach instead of going to the left and Jack's Shack?