Master Cellar Wine Tasting?

trixiee

Hi There!

Has anyone done this?

Cellar Master Package

A premium wine tasting experience is available throughout the length of your cruise with the Cellar Master Package. Two wine tasting events conducted by our Cellar Master, two evenings of fine dining in the Pinnacle Grill, five vintage bottles based on the wine navigators' preference, a Holland America Line commemorative bottle and wine gift are included for on board enjoyment. Pricing based on double occupancy, 11+ day voyages. A 15% service charge is included in the price of the item.

Recommend ... or no?

I did it in March on the Oosterdam in the South Pacific. I drink better wine at home and the menu selection is pretty limited. The gift was a set of wine glass charms. Pinnacle is enjoyable. The social aspect of the tastings was fun and it was interesting to try the food pairings with the different wines. but I don't think the cellar master was particularly knowledgable. I would probably sign up again my next cruise that is more sea days than port days. It is a good way to try some of the wines on the menu before buying the bottle at dinner

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did this last cruise.

For about $330 we got 5 bottles of wine, some wine charms, 3 wine tastings and 2 nights in the Pinnacle Grill.

The wine tastings were priced at $15, $25 and $35 each (if we had to pay for them separately) and they were very enjoyable. The cellar master was entertaining and shared his knowledge of wines. The other participants were lots of fun!

Two nights in the Pinnacle were wonderful.

We would consider doing this again.

I don't know if it would be better to book ahead or on board.

You can book onboard. In our experience, the $15 wine tasting is well attended but the subsequent and more expensive wine tastings are much less well attended. We enjoy attending them and it's a fun activity on sea days. We also attend the cellar master dinner which is held in the Pinnacle and pairs a multi-course menu with wines.

Had this on our last cruise (just got off a few days ago).

The gift was coasters. They are actually very nice and used in the Neptune Lounge on the P'dam.

If you get a discount on the wine packages, it can be more economical to do each thing individually. Worth calculating.

It's fun and there weren't a lot of people at the Admiral tasting.

If you like wine tasting, look for the Wines around the World wine tasting. If it's offered, it's worthwhile as they offer much different wines than the standard wine tastings.

I highly recommend the Cellar Master dinner. It was very good both times on our cruise.

Had this on our last cruise (just got off a few days ago).

The gift was coasters. They are actually very nice and used in the Neptune Lounge on the P'dam.

If you get a discount on the wine packages, it can be more economical to do each thing individually. Worth calculating.

It's fun and there weren't a lot of people at the Admiral tasting.

If you like wine tasting, look for the Wines around the World wine tasting. If it's offered, it's worthwhile as they offer much different wines than the standard wine tastings.

I highly recommend the Cellar Master dinner. It was very good both times on our cruise.

I don't remember seeing or being offered anything like the package that you guys are talking about on any of our previous cruises. What's it called and where do you get it? We're going on a 35 day cruise next summer and a more comprehensive package would be great. We have bought the 7 day wine package before which works well for us on a 14 day cruise. but I imagine that we'll need at least 2 of them for our upcoming cruise.

I don't remember seeing or being offered anything like the package that you guys are talking about on any of our previous cruises. What's it called and where do you get it? We're going on a 35 day cruise next summer and a more comprehensive package would be great. We have bought the 7 day wine package before which works well for us on a 14 day cruise. but I imagine that we'll need at least 2 of them for our upcoming cruise.

It's called the Cellar Master package. It is available on line on the HAL website to order. It has different pricing depending upon the length of your cruise. For your 35 day cruise, you would get 2 pinnacle grill dinners I believe.

just go to indulgences and you should see it there :)

It's called the Cellar Master package. It is available on line on the HAL website to order. It has different pricing depending upon the length of your cruise. For your 35 day cruise, you would get 2 pinnacle grill dinners I believe.

just go to indulgences and you should see it there :)

This is why I love this forum. I learn helpful stuff.

Best,

Barbara

I agree the wines on HAL are not all that spectacular. My lower end wines are still higher quality than HAL.

I did it in March on the Oosterdam in the South Pacific. I drink better wine at home and the menu selection is pretty limited. The gift was a set of wine glass charms. Pinnacle is enjoyable. The social aspect of the tastings was fun and it was interesting to try the food pairings with the different wines. but I don't think the cellar master was particularly knowledgable. I would probably sign up again my next cruise that is more sea days than port days. It is a good way to try some of the wines on the menu before buying the bottle at dinner

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 6 months later...