WARNING re: Carnival egift cards

xowendyxo

Awesome response, you didn't even take him up on his offer to call him a jerk. Good for you.

Then I will call him one. :mad: I am the other poster it happened to paying my final payment Friday night. I processed a $50 sCard and a $44.28 Visa cc payment on the screen as the online, multiple payment function allows. The review, before hitting the process payment button, clearly showed a $94.28 total payment. However, the $50 eCard was fully redeemed and my cc was charged $50. I posted about this on the Verizon/Carnival eCard thread late Friday night. OP, I am sorry this happened to you. Hope you get it straightened out soon.

Then I will call him one. :mad: I am the other poster it happened to paying my final payment Friday night. I processed a $50 sCard and a $44.28 Visa cc payment on the screen as the online, multiple payment function allows. The review, before hitting the process payment button, clearly showed a $94.28 total payment. However, the $50 eCard was fully redeemed and my cc was charged $50. I posted about this on the Verizon/Carnival eCard thread late Friday night. OP, I am sorry this happened to you. Hope you get it straightened out soon.

I wonder if it was just a fluke on Friday?

I made my payment around 8 am.

Was your pvp any help?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for sharing your experience and the glaring flaw in Carnival's payment system regarding multiple payment methods. Clearly $500 should have come from the egift card and the remaining $33 from your second form of payment (total of $533)...not $500 from each (total of $1000)!

This is a good reason to avoid using debit cards if at all possible.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Using a debit card as a second form of payment has nothing to do with a Carnival computer glitch.

Using a debit card as a second form of payment has nothing to do with a Carnival computer glitch.

You are correct...the use of a debit card as the second form of payment isn't related to the dual payment error on Carnival's website. It does,however, have everything to do with why Carnival's error is causing the OP financial woes right now. Banks simply do not treat debit cards the same as credit cards. That is why I stated "if possible" one should avoid debit cards. In the OP's case it wasn't possible.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Happened to me months ago. Bought $1000.00 in Carnival gift cards to get the 10% gift certificate. Paid off my cruise with the gift card and put the remaining $44 balance on my credit card as the second form of payment. credit card was charged $1000. Was quickly reversed with a phone call to Carnival. As everyone stated the refund delay is due to the use of an ATM card. Hope it gets resolved for you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Happened to me months ago. Bought $1000.00 in Carnival gift cards to get the 10% gift certificate. Paid off my cruise with the gift card and put the remaining $44 balance on my credit card as the second form of payment. credit card was charged $1000. Was quickly reversed with a phone call to Carnival. As everyone stated the refund delay is due to the use of an ATM card. Hope it gets resolved for you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

$1000?!? I would have cried!!

I guess this is just not a Friday thing then, and it is on going. It's really too bad that they offer the multiple payment option then you get hosed while using it. Lesson learned!

Glad your situation was quickly taken care of, I am sure mine will too, and, I'm not blowing a bunch of money this weekend! :p

I realize this was an unforeseen glitch, but some people can't grasp the concept that some of us only have a debit card.

I get it however, I was mentioning what I do to prevent that issue. That does not mean everyone can use that advise. If you only have a debit card then that's all you got.

The same thing happened to me this summer when I was making final payment on a cruise. I was using the remainder of a $1000 gift card (around $800) and had to put about $75 on my credit card...the website allowed me to put in the gift card and my credit card number, but charged both transactions on my credit card and also used up the remainder of my balance on my gift card. There is something wrong with their system, it is not operator error. This happened on a Friday night and I called Sat and Sun and no one could help me. It took about a week to get the refund posted to my credit card. Annoying!

I hate debit cards. Always have. At least when my credit card account gets screwed up my checking account stays clean. I'd hate it if a Carnival glitch hosed up my checking account too.

Edited by travler27