Captains Club Loyalty Discount

england1

I am with you. What is the loyalty discount:confused::confused:

The answer was given on page 1. ;) Here it is again:

england1When you do a dummy booking on the website the cruise we are booked on is now offering a $750 per cabin Loyalty Discount when I enter my CC number. I have never seen this before myself but I have read about them on Cruise Critic.

I've just tried several times to book a new cruise using the Loyalty number and the code for Beverage & Gratuity package. Both seem to go through and it gives me the lower rate ($750 off). There doesn't say anything about allowing the package or not. However, I cannot get the reservation (either Booked or Courtesy hold) to go through. I keep getting "a page is not available" message. I've tried as a Guest and using my CC#. :mad:

I guess I will have to call Celebrity. If they say no to getting both, there is an online TA that is offering both the discount and the packages, plus OBC. ;) I'd prefer not to book with anyone but Celebrity.

I have an invoice that shows BOTH the Loyalty Discount and a Beverage Package. It was on a cruise that was transferred from another cruise that I had originally booked with an Future Cruise Certificate.

So not so sure about the "new bookings only". They loyalty promo was added after the Beverage package, which was added after I booked the cruise, as the 123 Prom wasn't available when I did book the cruise, but came available later.

To make it even more fun I upgraded from an ocean view to a balcony guarantee after final payment. It cost me $200 more than I originally paid, but then the loyalty promo went away because the current cost(at the time we changed the booking) of the X guarantee was only $200 more than what I paid. So having it was a moot point.

I still have the drink package also.

They said "no" to me. It's either/or. ;):(

Even though I feel bad for you, I am glad that you didn't get a different response than I received and you were a new booking. Oh well, I got free classic package, free gratuities, and OBC and a great 1A stateroom. I am still very happy.

I asked our Celebrity Vacation Planner about applying the Loyalty Discount to an existing reservation on which we have the Pick Your Perks promo package (classic beverage package and $300 OBC, both applied because it is an Eastern Med cruise). He confirmed that the Loyalty Discount could not be combined with the PYP or 123Go promos, and given the $300 OBC we have, it was a better financial deal to keep the PYP than go with the Loyalty Discount (assuming we intend to make good use of our bev package, whether as is or by upgrading to a premium package for the discounted rate per day somewhere doing the cruise). I remember that the email I got a while ago about the Loyalty Discount had fine print at the bottom, which indicated it was not combinable. Your one-category Captain's Club upgrade (depending on your room category), however, IS combinable with the promos.

Even though I feel bad for you, I am glad that you didn't get a different response than I received and you were a new booking. Oh well, I got free classic package, free gratuities, and OBC and a great 1A stateroom. I am still very happy.

That's so sweet of you! ;)

You ended up with more than us with the extra OBC. We may check once onboard our next cruise in February and see if they will let us rebook this cruise to Europe that we booked today and receive the OBC, as well. Worth a try. :D

Your one-category Captain's Club upgrade (depending on your room category), however, IS combinable with the promos.

Unfortunately for us, we booked an AQ2. I don't believe that we could book that for the rate of a CC1. :rolleyes: The AQ1 was way more, plus we don't like the locations on the ship (Eclipse.)

Does someone know how long this Captain's Club discount can be booked at ?

I get the $ 750 deducted if I make an as-if booking, but nowhere can I see terms and conditions of this special.

Maybe someone else has had more luck to find out the details ?

I have never seen any mailing about it either, just tried it after having seen it mentioned here.

PS I posted same question on another blog, which was really about another issue.

Hi,

I booked 2 cruises on our last cruise last month. They have the drink package and the OBC. Today with the new promo, I called Celebrity and they changed the booking to the new promo, all inclusive, drinks, gratuities, and OBC AND kept my original OBC. We had to give up the drink package, but it is in the new promo anyway. They told me that an on board booking is combinable with one promo and this is the new one!! So I changed both cruises and I got way more than I had hoped!! :D

Try changing to the new promo, it is well worth it. Cabin prices were the same as before! :)

Hi,

Try changing to the new promo, it is well worth it. Cabin prices were the same as before! :)

If you are booking a stateroom below the suite level, yes it's worth it. We however received a loyalty discount of $1200 last week when we booked a suite--that works out better than this current offer (or pretty much the same).

Shawn

Hi,

I booked 2 cruises on our last cruise last month. They have the drink package and the OBC. Today with the new promo, I called Celebrity and they changed the booking to the new promo, all inclusive, drinks, gratuities, and OBC AND kept my original OBC. We had to give up the drink package, but it is in the new promo anyway. They told me that an on board booking is combinable with one promo and this is the new one!! So I changed both cruises and I got way more than I had hoped!! :D

I did change two of my bookings. I didn't think I could change a 3rd that was booked onboard. Didn't want to lose the $200 OBC we received. Calling back the Captains Club tomorrow. ;) The price of our stateroom category has gone up, so I doubt I will be able to add anything else.

Edited by Iamthesea