Belize zipline cave tubing

Woody bailey

We're booked on Emerald for the Dec. 7th Western Caribbean route. Diving Cozumel & Honduras, but wife insisted we do the zip line - cave tubing in Belize. Does anyone know if they allow Gopro cameras I've got a number of mounts that look like they'd work on the helmets or clipped on the visor... but I know some folks insist you buy their footage of your time. Also would love to hear from those who have done this cruise.

Back in April we used one of the popular local companies for a zip line and cave tubing excursion. No problem using our video cameras on any part of the tour. Not sure if the Princess tour has video restrictions. I am not sure if I can mention the company's name, but they had yellow shirts and the pricing was more than competitive.

We used the princess excursion for the zip line and cave tubing. We go on only Princesses excursions and never have had a bad thing to say about anyone of them, in fact they have all been great (7 cruises). Except for this one. This is the only excursion I have come back from and said it was not fun. We were herded like cattle, there were a lot of people, the cave tubing was like bumper cars, back to back to back groups, a ton of hurry up and wait lines etc. Just too many people, too much waiting, too much herding. My suggestion find something else to do. Just our opinion though!!

We used the princess excursion for the zip line and cave tubing. We go on only Princesses excursions and never have had a bad thing to say about anyone of them, in fact they have all been great (7 cruises). Except for this one. This is the only excursion I have come back from and said it was not fun. We were herded like cattle, there were a lot of people, the cave tubing was like bumper cars, back to back to back groups, a ton of hurry up and wait lines etc. Just too many people, too much waiting, too much herding. My suggestion find something else to do. Just our opinion though!!

I went with an independent cave-tubing operator when I was in Belize. There were maybe 10 to 12 of us. They carried the tubes for us and we beat all the crowds. Very nice...

We're booked on Emerald for the Dec. 7th Western Caribbean route. Diving Cozumel & Honduras, but wife insisted we do the zip line - cave tubing in Belize. Does anyone know if they allow Gopro cameras I've got a number of mounts that look like they'd work on the helmets or clipped on the visor... but I know some folks insist you buy their footage of your time. Also would love to hear from those who have done this cruise.

in regards to the GOpro/CONTOUR cam: the helmet we rented were tough to secure it to. Bring plenty of lashing or the disposable mount. If you have your own helmet, might want to use that. I used a Contour cam and strapped it to the rental helmet, but it was a little tricky. Your best bet is to use a disposable mount or plan on leaving the mount attachment on the helmet. I did see one helmet with someone's mount still on it. I would have used it but it was a bit too small for my head (the helmet was). The tubing company we used didn't care if I use my own video camera. Good luck!

Edited by chsalas

If you want to do the cave tubing like many of your fellow cruisers, go with a private tour operator. Cave-tubing dot com does a really good job and also does ziplines. I have used them for cave tubing all the many times I have gone to Belize.

Went on the Princess zip line and cave tubing from the Crown a couple years ago. There were about 20 people on a bus to the area and then split in two groups so no feeling of being crowded at all. Half did the zip first and the other half did the cave. It was quite a distance from the pier over some questionable roads, so go with someone reputable if you go private.

It was fantastic.

...special thanks for that last response... my wife was too nervous to go private and was losing confidence in the Princess tour.. but now she's excited again. Women!. :)

Hey, I'm a "women" too but you are welcome. Hope you enjoy. I guess it just all depends on how many people want to go on a particular day.

Thanks for the responses! Can't talk my wife out of the zip line, though she is skeptical about the cattle herding cave tube scenario.

I went cavetubing with cavetubing.bz last April and am going with them this December. No herds...no carrying tubes...very informative about the local vegetation....I wouldn't go with any other company.