Ncl Gem 1/2015 price hike, what am I missing?

Copper_beeches

A few days ago I priced out an inside cabin for 2 people for the 1/12/2015 Gem sailing, looking to add my sister to our trip and have my son share with her, it was about $1599. The same search right now comes out at over $2300 what gives? Both searches were done after final payment, all categories open and look pretty plentiful, pp really went from circa $630 to $1000?? That makes zero sense to me... Anyone know anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can't tell what you have been looking at earlier but all inside prices for that specific cruise dropped two days ago (11/5) according to cruise fish. Before current prices they were lower last time only in September or before.

Edited by Demonyte

Like the airlines, NCL employs a revenue management system that automatically adjusts prices based upon current demand and cabin supply for a future cruise, or even a specific category on that cruise.

That is, the system, using current and previous year booking trends, knows where supply/demand should optimally be x-weeks before a cruise. If bookings are behind the forecast, prices go down. In this case, where there is a current promotion, bookings are probably way up because of the sale and therefore the system raises prices accordingly.

In this case, where there is a current promotion, bookings are probably way up because of the sale and therefore the system raises prices accordingly.

But the prices haven't gone up. There is a good site, cruise fish, that monitors cruise prices and one can see the whole history cruise by cruise there.

In August I booked a 10 night cruise on the Gem for 1/30/15 Cat ID Fare for the two of us $1645.00 including tax and port charges. Fares have been climbing almost weekly. Current fare for two in same cat in currently over $3000.00 all in.

Edited by NYcruzzer

Hello,

You are absolutely right, I am checking price for Jan 02 from NY as well from September and price was rising a bit and suddenly it jumped almost twice.

I was hopping to upgrade but I don't think it possible now.

• 2 weeks later...