OASIS--GS. Does this price seem reasonable??

fmhealth

Hi,

My DW & I haven't cruised in a few years. This is what we've been quoted by RCL.

7 day Oasis 1/24---1/31

Grand Suite

$3,132 p/p + gratuities

$1,000 OBC

We truly have no idea if this is a reasonable price. Not necessarily looking for a rock-bottom price, simply looking for some insights from the more seasoned folks on this site. Thanks so much!!

Be Well,

fmhealth

Hi,

My DW & I haven't cruised in a few years. This is what we've been quoted by RCL.

7 day Oasis 1/24---1/31

Grand Suite

$3,132 p/p + gratuities

$1,000 OBC

We truly have no idea if this is a reasonable price. Not necessarily looking for a rock-bottom price, simply looking for some insights from the more seasoned folks on this site. Thanks so much!!

Be Well,

fmhealth

There's some funny math going on here. For that cruise the online price is $4,460 including fees and taxes

There's some funny math going on here. For that cruise the online price is $4,460 including fees and taxes

You sure that's not senior price?

I show $3,029 (before tax) for standard rate

I show $2,119 (before tax) for senior rate

IMO that category is too high for a non-senior rate. It would have been $1600 less for a couple if booked two weeks ago; though no idea what the OBC on offer was.

IMO that category is too high for a non-senior rate. It would have been $1600 less for a couple if booked two weeks ago; though no idea what the OBC on offer was.

I agree, it's high. That's quite a senior discount.

The seniors rate is actually the lowest it has been in 2014.

That's the exact price I am seeing with occupancy at 2 for GS for those exact dates.

Not even logged in when checking

OP where are you seeing $3132 each + grats? That would be $6264 + $199.50

So near on $6500:eek: way too high.

The seniors rate is actually the lowest it has been in 2014.

You are correct. If OP qualifies for senior rate this is a prime booking time. But since it appears they do not (based on their quoted price) I would say the standard rate is too high. However, no JS's show as available. Could be sold out or travel agents could still be holding them in pools. This could be temporarily driving standard GS rates up.

Thank you!! After recalling RCL they recalculated the numbers. They went from $6,279 to $4,384!! A savings of almost TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS!! Apparently they originally forgot the rather sizable "resident discount".

So, you folks are the best!! Always pays to admit when you're lost & desperately in need of some "parental guidance".

Happy holidays & once again, thanks a million!!

Be Well,

fmhealth

Hi,

7 day Oasis 1/24---1/31

Grand Suite

$3,132 p/p + gratuities

$1,000 OBC

Be Well,

fmhealth

Normally the rate would be a $1000 lower, hence the $1000. OBC!

Not a special price, rock bottom as you put it, but in grand suite, sometimes you wait for better and get nothing!:eek:

Hi,

7 day Oasis 1/24---1/31

Grand Suite

$3,132 p/p + gratuities

$1,000 OBC

Be Well,

fmhealth

I booked a GS for my husband and I for next Oct for a total of $3200 after tax and port fees.. total and a $100 OBC that is more than double what I paid

That is very high. We have been in GSs on our last 5 cruises over the last 2 years and the highest we paid was 4400$ for 3 people during "high season". Just paid 3500$ for a GS for 3 sailing this month with 100$ OBC. 2 on Oasis, 2 on Allure and 1 on Indy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by CaribSailor