Breeze going to American Menu?

hartskys

We had the American Menu on the Liberty in September. I thought before we sailed it sounded terrible. Once on board we had great meals. Yes it is very different then their past menus but you can always find something to eat. Or we did.

Sister and her husband are on the Breeze currently. Hope they like the new menus if they are American Fare.

Last month when we were on the Breeze our waiter told us they would be changing to the American Menu on the December 6th Cruise this year.

Can anyone confirm this?

I hope not. We had it on the Liberty last spring and didn't care for it.

:(

I hope not

No bitter and blanc on American table. No thanks.

Will mean I need to take more money just in case I need to eat at some pay venue over the MDR.

I DO hope that the menu changes to the American Table. We had it on Liberty and I really liked it I liked the Veal Parmesan and the Beef Wellington especially.

Legion, we did have the bitter and blanc. I think many people complained that it wasn't available and it was on that ship. The same thing applied to the cold soups that originally weren't available, now are.

To me, it's the best of both worlds and I am all for changing.

One thing about the Breeze in the Blush dining room, they have to use tablecloths, the tables are not wood but rather some kind of white padded plastic.

2 of the ships with American Table still have tablecloths. The two that don't had their tables replaced with nice new ones.

My guess would be that if/when Carnival expands the American Table program, that it would be with tablecloths.

We had the chance to experience both the old menu (Miracle in July) and the American Table/American Feast (Glory in August). I had read a number of negative reviews before we sailed and I think that between the roll-out of American Table/Feast and the time we sailed, they did listen to the critics and made changes. By the time we sailed the cold soups were back on the menu, as was creme brulee and a few other items people really missed. I enjoyed some of the new appetizers, and our sons really liked having a bread basket for the table. (We did not have any other dishes, like calimari, served "for the table." My only real complaint about the menu? The menu itself. It's too big and clunky.

And I'm fine with the old menu as well. With either menu I've never lacked for meal choices.

New to Carnival' date=' what exactly is the "American Menu" ?[/quote']

Mostly a change in the format of the menu and I don't think as big a deal as some make of it. Many of the old favorites are still on the menus and there are some new options that are great.

Only available on Inspiration, Imagination, Glory, and Liberty right now.

The program has been tested for about a year with many changes to the menus over that time.

On two of the ships, Carnival replaced the ugly tables and tablecloths with them for nice, new table.

Most people like the food, the jury is still out on the tablecloths.