Pearl Tips and Secrets

g35girl

Throughout your cruise go to the photo gallery and pick out your photos and ask them to store them for you. They will put them in a binder/folder. When you are ready to buy them you can pick out the ones you like/want. That way you are not searching for them at the end of the cruise.

• Like 1

Throughout your cruise go to the photo gallery and pick out your photos and ask them to store them for you. They will put them in a binder/folder. When you are ready to buy them you can pick out the ones you like/want. That way you are not searching for them at the end of the cruise.

Great tip! Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
To all you NCL Pearl cruisers who just recently returned home. Anything to ad to our list of tips, secrets, info, menu or freestyle pics. Everything helps.

Have a great day[emoji924][emoji4][emoji106]

It's almost 2.5 months old now but I did a trip report on our Alaska cruise on the Pearl that included pics of the dailies and some menus if it helps anybody. The link is in my signature below. Let me know what you think.

I'm so excited to have found this forum and this thread! We are leaving in 3 days and I have so much reading here to catch up on!!!

I hope someone can answer a couple of questions for me. Are you able to call back to your room from somewhere else on the ship? Like the phones you might find in hotel lobbies? I am travelling with my daughter and sister and am concerned about 3 different itineraries and being able to connect during the day.

Also, in the same vein, I'm unclear about the iConcierge app. If my daughter and I both have it, is there a charge for us to text back and forth with it? I think I read somewhere that there is an $8.95 charge per text, and that seems like a lot!

Thanks for any help you can give! Soooo excited!!! :D

There are phones near each or most restaurants and bars. Its 8.95 per phone not per text, but what i dont know is if its per day. On our last cruise with the kids, there was no app. We had it planned that a)we each highlighted the activities on our dailies we were most likely to attend, B) we set up set meeting times back at the cabin for meals and lastly, we had a small magnetic whiteboard we stuck on the wall so if our plans changed, we all promised to either return to the cabin or call and leave a message. It worked great!!!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Lulubelle45

I'm so excited to have found this forum and this thread! We are leaving in 3 days and I have so much reading here to catch up on!!!

I hope someone can answer a couple of questions for me. Are you able to call back to your room from somewhere else on the ship? Like the phones you might find in hotel lobbies? I am travelling with my daughter and sister and am concerned about 3 different itineraries and being able to connect during the day.

Also, in the same vein, I'm unclear about the iConcierge app. If my daughter and I both have it, is there a charge for us to text back and forth with it? I think I read somewhere that there is an $8.95 charge per text, and that seems like a lot!

Thanks for any help you can give! Soooo excited!!! :D

We got off of the Pearl in September. There were phones in the cabin and we were able to call cabin to cabin - not sure about phones other places on the ship. We used the app. It was $10 per phone for the entire cruise. It was hit or miss, depending on the connectivity to the ships wi-fi which was not consistent. One day, my inlaws missed the excursion because they weren't in their cabin and we couldn't reach them by text as their phone had disconnected itself from the wi-fi. It was a helpful tool at times but not something I would rely on. The app nor the texting feature works offship

Still reading tips but I keep seeing messages I want to respond to.

Best source of info on cell coverage will be your provider's website. I have Family Mobile and from the map it looks like I won't have data coverage once we leave the U.S. YMMV.

Any clues on what amenities (if any) come with a mini-suite? I don't care about butler or concierge but it would sure be nice to be able to order room service from the daily menus instead of being limited to the room service menu.

I see people talking about spa passes - what do they get you? Please assume I know NOTHING about spa services, because that is what I do know. lol

Is there a formal night and how formal is it?

My son has a folding army cot he wants to bring along, do you think we would have any trouble with that? (as long as it is kept always in our room, of course)

We have an aft balcony mini-suite. I'm thinking we will have a gorgeous view of the scenery we have just passed but would love to hear from people who have actually done it. Both my SIL and I are disabled so it would be much easier on us to be able to watch in privacy and relative quiet than to brave the crowds. I took the advice of a bunch of people on our first cruiise and it really improved our enjoyment!

It sounds like the Pearl doesn't have scheduled seating times, is that accurate?

And a caution: I took advantage of the Free at Sea promotion to bring along my adult daughter and adult son. Then I found out that the additional bed arrangements for the 3rd and 4th person are a shared sleeper sofa. (Hence the army cot.) It hasn't put off either from coming but we are discussing sleeping arrangements. I'm just glad I got an accessible cabin, it looks like it will be large enough for the extra 2 adult sleepers *and* my electric scooter.

And thank you to everyone who has posted tips! It never would have occurred to me to bring an insulated mug but now it seems like such an obvious good idea. lol

Still reading tips but I keep seeing messages I want to respond to.

Best source of info on cell coverage will be your provider's website. I have Family Mobile and from the map it looks like I won't have data coverage once we leave the U.S. YMMV.

Any clues on what amenities (if any) come with a mini-suite? I don't care about butler or concierge but it would sure be nice to be able to order room service from the daily menus instead of being limited to the room service menu.

I see people talking about spa passes - what do they get you? Please assume I know NOTHING about spa services, because that is what I do know. lol

I can only answer some of your questions. I know nothing about spa passes either. Anxious to hear your responses.

Is there a formal night and how formal is it?

I think there may be one night. Ladies wear pretty much anything like cocktail dresses. Men suits, some tuxes. I don't care to bring all that excess stuff. So we tend to eat elsewhere.

My son has a folding army cot he wants to bring along, do you think we would have any trouble with that? (as long as it is kept always in our room, of course)

We have an aft balcony mini-suite. I'm thinking we will have a gorgeous view of the scenery we have just passed but would love to hear from people who have actually done it. Both my SIL and I are disabled so it would be much easier on us to be able to watch in privacy and relative quiet than to brave the crowds. I took the advice of a bunch of people on our first cruiise and it really improved our enjoyment!

I have always stayed aft. The views are spectacular & I think that you will enjoy your privacy.

It sounds like the Pearl doesn't have scheduled seating times, is that accurate?

yes. Its freestyle. You can choose to eat where/when you want.

And a caution: I took advantage of the Free at Sea promotion to bring along my adult daughter and adult son. Then I found out that the additional bed arrangements for the 3rd and 4th person are a shared sleeper sofa. (Hence the army cot.) It hasn't put off either from coming but we are discussing sleeping arrangements. I'm just glad I got an accessible cabin, it looks like it will be large enough for the extra 2 adult sleepers *and* my electric scooter.

And thank you to everyone who has posted tips! It never would have occurred to me to bring an insulated mug but now it seems like such an obvious good idea. lol

We choose to bring an insulated mug so that we (mostly I) can get coffee from buffet and bring to hubby while he is getting ready for breakfast.

The spa passes were $99 on my recent 5 day Pearl cruise. I purchased then before hand online but I believe they can also be purchased on the ship as well. There are a limited number of passes sold, I heard once only 100.

The past gives you access to the thermal suite located inside the spa. On the Pearl, The women's only area includes a sauna, steam room, one person whirlpool, showers, plunge pool and lounge chair looking out towards the sea. The coed area has a large pool, a larger whirlpool and tile lounges that heat up, as well as regular lounges that also overlook the sea.

For me it was worth the money, to be able to use the hot tubs without crowds. It is a very peaceful place to relax.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NCL say it's not so. We can't bring water on board. Must be honest. This is the most ridiculous penny pinching, nickel and dimming move NCL could have done. The package cruise and stay vacation we book means we have no choice but to sail on the NCL Pearl. This will be my one and only NCL cruise. I'm taking my business back to HAL where you are treated like a value guest. I can order room service for free and bring on all the water, juice, canned pop I like. Oh and did I forget to mention HAL will also let me bring on one bottle of wine, FOR FREE

Way to kick the little guy NCL[emoji35][emoji107]🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only one bottle of wine? When we were on HAL in 2012 you could bring as many as you wanted. DH and I each had two six bottle carriers...24 bottles for a 22 night Panama Canal transit. Had many people at check in asking what cabin we were in....