Feels strange booked NCL

RuthlessBoss

We usually cruise Carnival, but did a Disney because DH is an avid Disney fan, we loved it.

We're going to book Anthem of the Seas for April 2016, cant wait to try RCI and this awesome ship as well :D

Its fun to try new things, though we will continue to cruise with Carnival.

I sailed with NCL for the first time Nov. 2-9, 2014 and loved it. I was on the Breakaway. I love Carnival but to me the food on NCL was better and ever meal but one was served hot. The entertainment was outstanding! The Breakaway reminded me of an upscale hotel. I will definitely be booking another NCL cruise in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Got back. OMG what a ship:eek: Friendliest crew ever, buffet food unbelievable, perfect guarantee balcony which was 12 to 15 feet long and neighbor only on one side, entertainment good (must reserve a theatre seat as shows are 4 times to accommodate all passengers), your card is swiped so get to the time you booked show. Lots of live music. Pool parties in the adult pool on 15. So much I still didn't see, needed down time. Am I done with Carnival? I really don't know, but everything about this ship was as close to perfect as it could be.

Got back. OMG what a ship:eek: Friendliest crew ever, buffet food unbelievable, perfect guarantee balcony which was 12 to 15 feet long and neighbor only on one side, entertainment good (must reserve a theatre seat as shows are 4 times to accommodate all passengers), your card is swiped so get to the time you booked show. Lots of live music. Pool parties in the adult pool on 15. So much I still didn't see, needed down time. Am I done with Carnival? I really don't know, but everything about this ship was as close to perfect as it could be.

So very glad to read you had a really good time onboard Norwegian Getaway.

I get my spin on that ship in less then three weeks, and really looking forward to the fun vacation week at sea. :)

So very glad to read you had a really good time onboard Norwegian Getaway.

I get my spin on that ship in less then three weeks, and really looking forward to the fun vacation week at sea. :)

If you don't like it, something is wrong with you:D

Thanks all you well wishers. I wish I could have done more, but going solo puts a slight damper on things that couples enjoy together. Not too many enjoy fine dining alone and in the "atmosphere". My preplanning anything was cut short due to booking on a Thursday night and getting to Miami to board on Saturday. I never saw a going away presentation like this one.

I jotted things in a notebook 2-3 times a day, thinking of a review of sorts, but likely will post on NCL site. If I do, I'll post here that I did it. Some questions might be answered and some just informative.

We felt the same way with our first NCL experience on the Epic! ;) :D

Never been on Epic. Booked it once when hubby was alive, but cancelled because of a fast decline requiring Hospice care. I don't recall being on the roll call.

I remember

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=34154820&postcount=819

Great to hear a positive experience from a Carnival cruiser onboard NCL

The prices on the Getaway have been so cheap, been tempted, so we can compare it to the Epic

We actually did the Epic another time after that and was able to explore everything. It would probably be the same if we did the Getaway

I remember

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=34154820&postcount=819

Great to hear a positive experience from a Carnival cruiser onboard NCL

The prices on the Getaway have been so cheap, been tempted, so we can compare it to the Epic

We actually did the Epic another time after that and was able to explore everything. It would probably be the same if we did the Getaway

I see I posted on 6/14/12, he passed 8/16/12:(

I see I posted on 6/14/12, he passed 8/16/12:(

Im sorry for your loss. He was the reason you were doing it

But the reason I remember, was on the roll call, someone had asked how you earned your name. Since Ive worked in a few hospitals, over the years, it made me laugh:D

What was your favorite and least favorite thing about NCL and the getawy

Edited by jonbgd

Thanks so much for coming back and letting us know how the cruise was! I swore I would NEVER cruise Carnival or NCL. I've eaten my words about Carnival, I just may have to do the same woth NCL. Could be pretty yummy words to eat ;) lol

Im sorry for your loss. He was the reason you were doing it

But the reason I remember, was on the roll call, someone had asked how you earned your name. Since Ive worked in a few hospitals, over the years, it made me laugh:D

What was your favorite and least favorite thing about NCL and the getawy

Oh, I responded, but I must have not pressed the post button. It's not here and I'm pooped out right now. Had nightmares last night dreaming of finding ads and deals for another cruise:eek: I kept losing a certain ad and could not find it again:mad:

Not true. They have lobster tails in the buffet one night. Check your schedule for more information.

And start your cruise eating at O'Sheehans. It is on deck 7 right where you enter the ship. We loved it there. Good comfort food open 24 hours.

Getaway is a great ship. You'll have an amazing time.

Just got off the Sun yesterday. As stated before, no lobster tail in the MDR or the buffet. The buffet has on night #2 a lobster pasta which I passed up as the lobster pieces were pitifully small in the huge pan of pasta. I did get some very nice lobster in the Teppanyaki meal though.