Explorer MDR Dress Policy

Whitnee1

glad i work 50 hours a week as a nurse and can only take vacation once a year rather than deal with this nonsense. I am so happy to be able to get away from work and stress at home, i honestly could care less what people are wearing in the mdr. Maybe it is because i am only a gold card member and don't cruise 60 times a year that this stuff really does not affect me. The conversation at the table with my husband and children are more important to me than some person at another table wearing shorts. I was on that repositioning cruise and i really could have cared less what people were wearing. I only noticed "the couple" because i loved their outfits. My 14y old son didn't want to get dressed for formal night because i told him he had to wear a long sleeved shirt, pants... And he opted out and went to windjammer. The waiter actually had something sent to the room and told us that it was more important for him to come with us to enjoy himself rather than worry about a dress code for one night. That to me is what a cruise is about. Enjoying yourself in places you may never see again and being with friends and family. Not looking around to see if rules are enforced. I am sure that a lot of the complainers had no problems with the hogging of chairs in the solarium. Now that did annoy me but did i complain? Nope. Just went to sit elsewhere.

like......like......like :)

It has been documented on here with the sign outside the door with the items that are prohibited. That would not be a suggestion.

the shorts rule is an archaic rule not in line with the sort of vacation Royal Caribbean has been offering. It should be amended to at least "allow" shorts on all but formal evenings. And it will be soon, oh happy day!

the shorts rule is an archaic rule not in line with the sort of vacation Royal Caribbean has been offering. It should be amended to at least "allow" shorts on all but formal evenings. And it will be soon, oh happy day!

I think at least half the people that cruise disagree , but you may be right , again as many people have said they should either enforce it or have no dress suggestions, and then they can advertise they are just like Carnival

I think at least half the people that cruise disagree , but you may be right , again as many people have said they should either enforce it or have no dress suggestions, and then they can advertise they are just like Carnival

Carnival does allow Bermuda shorts, but I think Royal Caribbean is moving more toward the NCL model than the Carnival model with its move toward Dynamic Dining.

[quote name='george c']i think at least half the people that cruise disagree , but you may be right , again as many people have said they should either enforce it or have no dress suggestions, and then they can advertise they are just like carnival[/quote]

like, like, like!!!