Help with a relaxing Mazatlan excursion.

SDcruiser66

Below is a link to a posting about the El Cid Morro, which offers day passes. There are also the El Cid Castilla and the El Cid Marina. All 3 are reviewed on Trip Advisor and the Marina location has the highest rating. Don't know if they offer a day pass or not.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2108820

I like stone island. Been there three times, but not in last 6 years. Check it out on the Mazarlan boards. It was an easy walk to the boats to take you over, couple of bucks for round trip. Beach is filled with palapas to have a few beers, free loungers, chairs, beach toys to rent and nice, sandy beach.

We're glad Mazatlan is coming back also. We also always go to Stone Island.

Is is very "rustic" -- if that isn't for you you'd be better off at a resort in the "Golden Zone"

We always rent ATV's -- great place for novice riders -- once you're past the half dozen or so palapa restaurants, it's nothing but beach and coconut palms for 12 miles. The only down side is, once past the restaurants, there is no one to clean the beach -- the tide brings in a lot of debris.

We will be traveling with 4 other couples. Trying to please most to all of the group. When u say "rustic" does that at least include clean restrooms? A few people in the group are more adventurous and would have fun on the ATVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I went to Stone Island this past week. Easy walk to the ferry and then to Victor's. They called Maria ' s Happy Horses and we all went horseback riding. Later a couple in our group rode ATVs. A great day. The bathrooms at Victor ' s were clean. Victor made us feel like family.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...