Lobster Tails available on Equinox?

tbmrt

I know that Murano do an excellent lobster main course (entrée) which is prepared table side with flair!

I wish I was there now... :)

I'm not sure about the MDR. I've never seen lobster on the MDR menu, but I could be wrong.

All 4 Celebrity Cruises that we have done have had Lobster in MDR on 1 night, that was on 7, 12 and 14 day cruises. Blu has same. And as someone already said, Murano has fantastic Lobster a-la-carte, prepared at your table.

The Blu lobster tails are done with a slight citrus sauce, I thought they were excellent.

Lobster Tails are definitely on one of the 14 MDR Daily Menues... Usually one of the ones they choose for Formal Nights (again, this is totally up to the Head of Food & Bev)

We have found them to be good, but a tad small & chewy in the MDR (they are warm water Lobsters*). As with all MDR items if they are to your liking you can order more.

* The exception here is on the Eastern USA & Canada Itinerary in The Fall... When some Celebrity Cruisers have reported that Celebrity Chefs have picked up Atlantic Lobster enroute

The Lobster Murano that is prepared table side in Muranos (I just love when Celebrity makes specialized eats this way... So personal) is a dish that incorporates Lbster into a Cream Sauce with Cognac which is then flambéed is to die for!

Going to Muranos (S-Class Ships) or an Ocean Liners Restaurant (M-Class Ships ... Same Menu same type of French Continental Food & Service) is a real treat.

Here is a YouTube Video that I found by another Celebrity Cruiser that shows the Lobster Murano being prepared... Warning it might leave you drooling...

Our next Celebrity Cruise we are Aqua Class... I am looking forward to seeing how the Lobster checks out in Blu (guessing it might be a tad less rubbery as Blu cooks to order) and the preparation that DKJRETIRED mentioned above does sound delicious.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Lobster Tails are definitely on one of the 14 MDR Daily Menues... Usually one of the ones they choose for Formal Nights (again, this is totally up to the Head of Food & Bev)

We have found them to be good, but a tad small & chewy in the MDR (they are warm water Lobsters*). As with all MDR items if they are to your liking you can order more.

* The exception here is on the Eastern USA & Canada Itinerary in The Fall... When some Celebrity Cruisers have reported that Celebrity Chefs have picked up Atlantic Lobster enroute

The Lobster Murano that is prepared table side in Muranos (I just love when Celebrity makes specialized eats this way... So personal) is a dish that incorporates Lbster into a Cream Sauce with Cognac which is then flambéed is to die for!

Going to Muranos (S-Class Ships) or an Ocean Liners Restaurant (M-Class Ships ... Same Menu same type of French Continental Food & Service) is a real treat.

Here is a YouTube Video that I found by another Celebrity Cruiser that shows the Lobster Murano being prepared... Warning it might leave you drooling...

Our next Celebrity Cruise we are Aqua Class... I am looking forward to seeing how the Lobster checks out in Blu (guessing it might be a tad less rubbery as Blu cooks to order) and the preparation that DKJRETIRED mentioned above does sound delicious.

Cheers!

I ordered two right off the bat, I had them before and was looking forward to them again. They also seem to be a bit bigger than the ones in the MDR. Enjoy.

I ordered two right off the bat, I had them before and was looking forward to them again. They also seem to be a bit bigger than the ones in the MDR. Enjoy.

Thanks, good to know. Lol, you are making me hungry. Hopefully they will be seen on our very short cruise (this time... 5 Day on The Constellation)

If not there is always the next cruise...

We have gone ahead "on spec" and booked ourselves another cruise in Aqua Class for later in 2015, and looking at a possible one for 2016 as well.

Truly hoping therefore that Aqua lives up to all the hype (we are up until now very happy Concierge Class Pax)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

My wife and I sailed back to back on Equinox in October on the last two Mediterranean cruises before the TA. (12 & 13 days).

Lobster tails were served in the MDR on the last formal night of each. Went with a couple of tails on the first cruise and then went with the 'surf & turf" on the second one, one tail and the beef wellington. Much preferred the latter.

We also had the table side-prepared lobster in Murano's and found it to be a little over-whelmed by too much bacon. (I know, right?) Still good, though.

My wife and I sailed back to back on Equinox in October on the last two Mediterranean cruises before the TA. (12 & 13 days).

Lobster tails were served in the MDR on the last formal night of each. Went with a couple of tails on the first cruise and then went with the 'surf & turf" on the second one, one tail and the beef wellington. Much preferred the latter.

We also had the table side-prepared lobster in Murano's and found it to be a little over-whelmed by too much bacon. (I know, right?) Still good, though.

Hi GITC,

Lol, as a fellow Canadian eh, I would have thought there was no such thing as too much bacon :D

Heck the Chefs / Cos here are continually trying to come up with new ways to use this "staple" (ie Tim Horton's Maple Bacon Donut = http://www.edmontonjournal.com/cms/binary/10131034.jpg )

Cheers!

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Yes, lobster is definitely on the MDR menu. I was even offered a second one by our waiter, which of course I begrudgingly accepted!!! :D

He bought a whole other meal over and wasn't at all upset when I told him that I only wanted the lobster and he could keep the rice!

I guess he had double ordered by mistake.

[quote name=dst87;44818961

I'm not sure about the MDR. I've never seen lobster on the MDR menu' date=' but I could be wrong.[/quote]

Our experience has been that lobster tails are served in the MDR on the final formal night.

The Blu lobster tails are done with a slight citrus sauce, I thought they were excellent.

My recollection is that the Blu lobster is served with a tangerine reduction.

Are lobster tails available in MDR or specialty restaurants?

They wwere served in the Eclipse MDR last year & hope they are again(for last formal night)Murano does an excellent job. Be aware, however, that it's the "rock" type & not the good "Maine" variety. Only in Cunard's Queens Grill, did I ever get New England Lobster.