Die-hard Disney fan cruises the Breeze on 11/8/14 and LOVES it or HATES it???

loveysbydesign

No way I would cruise Disney without kids. We usually alternate and cruise with and without kids and I never even consider Disney for the adults-only cruise. This time it came down to Carnival or NCL and we chose NCL for the ports

Thank you. Appreciate your response.

Empty nesters here and we are cruising this September for our 25th Anniversary on the Disney Fantasy without kids. We normally cruise Carnival but our first cruise was on Disney and we have wanted to go back for a while. We enjoy Disney and are looking forward to this cruise

Ahh.. nostalgia. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Once again I apologize, our lives have gotten crazy! We listed our house and sold it in 3 weeks.

We may actually be moving from PA (where we have lived our entire lives)

to FL on July 15th!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited but there is so much research to do before we move, esp. trying to figure out where to rent and what school to choose for our kids. we have never moved such a long distance and have been in our current house for 14 years.

This afternoon when the 2 little ones I babysit nap, I will pop on here and try and wrap this up. thanks for reading.

Once again I apologize, our lives have gotten crazy! We listed our house and sold it in 3 weeks.

I am so excited but there is so much research to do before we move, esp. trying to figure out where to rent and what school to choose for our kids. we have never moved such a long distance and have been in our current house for 14 years.

This afternoon when the 2 little ones I babysit nap, I will pop on here and try and wrap this up. thanks for reading.

Congrats on selling the house so quick. Sometimes though it unexpected to go that quick. Sold mine in PA three years ago but it took six months to sell. Speaking from experience leave everything you can there. We enjoy Florida but be prepared for the traffic nightmares during season depending upon where you move. Best of luck to you ad your family

I am curious...

To the cruisers with young children who have been comparing Disney and Carnival.......If you were NOT cruising with your children, would you cruise on Carnival or Disney?

Im one of the few that I guess would ditch the kids to cruise with Mickey. I have friends on the Magic right now, 3 moms sans kids. They have done the Dream before. Service is just amazing, that mouse knows what he's doing LOL. I just cant get over the sticker shock though.

Can't afford Mickey at sea, way to much $

Living in Florida I can do the mouse anytime I want, so that allows me to say NO to the mouse at sea. And I have kids at the age that Mickey matters.

That said I did love the Breeze, our whole family agreed that it was the best family cruise to date, the ship had so much to do and while was Carnival was less tacky chic than other carnival ships we have sailed on.

Im one of the few that I guess would ditch the kids to cruise with Mickey. I have friends on the Magic right now, 3 moms sans kids. They have done the Dream before. Service is just amazing, that mouse knows what he's doing LOL. I just cant get over the sticker shock though.

Thanks!

I am curious...

To the cruisers with young children who have been comparing Disney and Carnival.......If you were NOT cruising with your children, would you cruise on Carnival or Disney?

to be honest neither but if I had to pick, I might go Disney, because with only two it would be cheaper. :cool: Adult only restaurant on Disney would be nice.

I am curious...

Disney, please!

Disney has way better service, bigger rooms, and MAGIC!! Husband is being cheap this year, and wanted to try a suite. I'm going along with it. We tried RCCL, which sucked for the amount we paid.

Now, we haven't cruised carnival since dd, but we did BEFORE dd, and I haven't read anything to suggest carnival is suddently magic.

I'm still holding for Disney in 2016! (The cruise, i have NO want to go to the parks, that's just no...)

I am curious...

We can't wait till our kids become adults so that we wouldn't have to take them to a Disney cruise. They think they are too old for it now (hehehehe). I'm not a WDW person, I'm not much into the crowds, heat, long lines, nothing to do but walk around at the park. But I'll take a Disney cruise over any other cruiselines. Yea.. a bit more expensive but you get what you pay for. Just the whole atmosphere is different. I'm not really into meeting the characters but there's just something about being on a Disney cruise. The moment you walk into the ship you know this is going to be great. Don't forget about Castaway Cay, especially the adult beach area, pretty much going to have the whole beach to myself.

Edited by ma_t_gus

We can't wait till our kids become adults so that we wouldn't have to take them to a Disney cruise. They think they are too old for it now (hehehehe). I'm not a WDW person, I'm not much into the crowds, heat, long lines, nothing to do but walk around at the park. But I'll take a Disney cruise over any other cruiselines. Yea.. a bit more expensive but you get what you pay for. Just the whole atmosphere is different. I'm not really into meeting the characters but there's just something about being on a Disney cruise. The moment you walk into the ship you know this is going to be great. Don't forget about Castaway Cay, especially the adult beach area, pretty much going to have the whole beach to myself.

Four months and seven days until our 25th Anniversary cruise on the Disney Fantasy. No kids, just the two of us. Can't wait, even spent a few extra dollars and booked a suite which we have never done in almost 15 years of cruising

Wow, congratulations. 3 weeks wow, wow, wow. My dad transferred to Tampa from Chicago in 1958 and we have been here ever since. The heat and humidity is brutal for three months out of the year. The other nine months more than make up for it.

Plus think of how easy it will be to cruise when you live in Florida.

If you don't mind me asking, what part of Florida are considering?

Wow, congratulations. 3 weeks wow, wow, wow. My dad transferred to Tampa from Chicago in 1958 and we have been here ever since. The heat and humidity is brutal for three months out of the year. The other nine months more than make up for it.

Plus think of how easy it will be to cruise when you live in Florida.

If you don't mind me asking, what part of Florida are considering?

We are thrilled to be under contract BUT the buyer selected the mortage contingency so we are in limbo until June 5th, he must provide us with proof of mortgage by then.

We are looking at a few different areas...Oveido, Clermont and Ocoee.

I apologize for being mia but we have had so much going on with selling our house, plus both my boys play baseball, oldest plays for Connie Mack and has it M/W/F/S and youngest has it F/S, plus trying to research the schools and jobs and rentals in FL has been so time consuming.

Edited by loveysbydesign

I am curious...

Disney for me too. I have done with friends and have another adult only scheduled for next Feb. It's fun and magical with or without kids.

We are doing NCL in Aug to Alaska but that is because we needed to go out of Seattle instead of Vancouver. I know it will be great but it will not be the same...and my whole family knows that. But we know how to have fun no matter who the carrier is....we just prefer Disney's way.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for posting your review! We love Disney World, but can't justify the Disney cruises compared to Carnival. It's nice to know that we are still getting a good experience. Now that our kids are older, it's no biggie to not have the Disney experience on our cruise.

• 2 years later...

I just read through your entire trip report. We're only a family of 3 (one kiddo) and we're getting priced out of Disney Cruise Line too. However, we did just buy into DVC, so I see a lot more trips to WDW and Disneyland in our future! We're in Texas, so we opt to cruise out of Galveston so that leaves Carnival and RCCL. We've done 3 cruises with DCL and have to fly to Miami or Orlando. The ones out of Galveston are $$$$$ (holiday season).

Thoroughly enjoyed your report! We're Carnival fans and DCL fans too. It's hard to beat the price of Carnival, but the service with DCL is top-notch!

• 3 weeks later...