Die-hard Disney fan cruises the Breeze on 11/8/14 and LOVES it or HATES it???

loveysbydesign

So after about 20 minutes of driving, I am dying..I'm only 4'11" tall and 110lbs and all that free Bahamian punch and bottled water we had at Fort Montague was coming back to haunt me.

Also the other members of my tour group are getting upset and keep asking the driver when we are going to get to the beach??? He just keeps saying a few more minutes, a few more minutes. Meanwhile by this point we have driven past 4 beaches, all of which looked perfectly fine to stop at, and the sun is starting to get low in the sky. He says he has a special beach to take us too. Another 20 minutes goes by and it's 3:45 and we are still not at the beach. Now people are getting angry and I am feeling so sick. TBH I have never had to use a restroom more than I did at this point in time, not even while preggo wiht my kiddos...it was so bad! Not good!

So we finally pull into Nirvana/Love Beach and we are all underwhelmed! The ones we had driven past looked much nicer. I can barely get out of the van, let alone walk to the restrooms as I am in pain and not feeling well. My daughter helps me along to the restroom. The building looked dumpy and old.

After feeling better we head out to the beach area to join the others. What a disappointment, the way this beach was situated it was all in the shade and it was quite windy. All the loungers were in the shade and we couldn't move them. There was also some type of concrete barrier between the loungers and the ocean, which was sand colored so I stubbed my toe ...ouch! There were also planes flying overhead which was interesting!

Many in the group were not pleased with the beach area. Our oldest decided to take a nap. Hubby and the younger 2 kids went into the water along with the one other guy in our group. There was no way I was getting in the water as the wind was crazy and I was already cool. The kids went in for a little and then came out. Since I was feeling better I decided to walk down the beach with the kids to a sunny area, it was in front if some condos. but thankfully no one told us we could not walk there. By now it was 4:00 and we had to leave at 4:30. So much for spending an hour or so at the beach :(

Today was turning out to be quite a bit like the tide, having highs and lows!

DSC05497_zpsc8b1d925.jpg

DSC05498_zpsf7841ca0.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

So we finally pull into Nirvana/Love Beach and we are all underwhelmed! The ones we had driven past looked much nicer. I can barely get out of the van, let alone walk to the restrooms as I am in pain and not feeling well. My daughter helps me along to the restroom. The building looked dumpy and old.

Today was turning out to be quite a bit like the tide, having highs and lows!

That is the nature of some excursions. (Highs and Lows). I have really enjoyed your review! Thank you for taking the time to tell us your marvelous story!!

I am getting the feeling that you have been converted to CCL. :D

DSC05479_zps63a1dfa9.jpg

I have that exact same purse only mine is black. My grown daughter saw mine and wanted one too!

sorry for the delay, my 7 y.o. son had to have surgery today...will update tomorrow hopefully!

Hope your son has a fast recovery and is feeling better!

Edited by S.C.

So once we finally left the fish market/conch area we headed to shop at an artisan shop. By the time we go there it was 2:45 and we were supposed to go to the beach afterwards. It featured all different kinds of things all made by local artisans. I was happy we were going as I still needed to get a few gifts and the kids each wanted to pick out their last souveneir. So we pulled up to this old house, it didn't look like much. but once we got inside I was shocked at how much was packed into the little room of the house! There was so much to look at, I was on overload!

At 1st glance everything looked quite expensive, then as I looked further I was able to find some really nice things for lower prices. I found some pretty handmade wreath shaped ornaments made from tiny shells for $6, my daughter found a small keychain made from a little piece of conch shell that was handpainted for $4 and my youngest found a little sailboat made from wood and a batiked fabric sail. We had only been there for 7-8 minutes, I kid you not I looked at the time stamps on my picture, when my hubby came in and said everyone else wants to leave and go to the beach. I was like..ok then..so much for shopping!

My oldest had been looking at the prints they had, I told him he needed to hurry up and pick one out. He found a really neat one with a "fish under the ocean" scene. So we show it to the lady when we go up to pay and she says, "oh, you're not going to believe this but that artist's car just broke down outside my shop! Would you like me to get him and see if he'll sign the print for you?". We were like heck yea!!!

So the artist, John Paul, came in and signed it for my son Richie! What an awesome experience. I mean really...what are the chances that of all the prints he had to choose from that he would choose this one and that the artist's car would break down outside the shop when we were in it!!! We weren't even on a Disney excursion and we were getting some pixie dust!!!

So we hurried up and paid and rushed out to the van. In hindsight I guess it was good I only had 10 minutes in the shop or I would have spent a lot more $$$!

It was now almost 3:00. Off we went to the beach....but which beach was it we were going to again???

DSC05489_zps6d7cc69d.jpg

Painted on the steps into the gift shop.

DSC05490_zps0849d33f.jpg

My son Richie with artist John Paul.

DSC05491_zps61cc4a95.jpg

DSC05492_zps5ebae50d.jpg

Can we see a picure of it......:):)

Also in case you were wondering, here are some pics. of our 1 y.o foster dog Meeko, before and after I gave him a trim. It looks like we may end up adopting him as his former owners are not going to be able to take him back and he gets along great with our other dog Magic! He also acts like he's lived with us forever!

DSC06390_zpspap6ngab.jpg

DSC06423_zps0iujnfoj.jpg

He fell asleep when I was trimming his hair! I guess he thought he was at the doggie spa!

DSC06436_zpsao1u8wvx.jpg

DSC06443_zpsm06rxqxr.jpg

DSC06442_zpsreb3plms.jpg

DSC06441_zps1smjugi6.jpg

Ok...so where were we...oh that's right we were at Nirvana/Love Beach. Here are some pics. I took before we decided to walk down the beach!

The water was beautiful but it was so windy there was no way I was going in and then freezing when I got out!

DSC05499_zps64a62a09.jpg

DSC05501_zps6b555970.jpg

DSC05503_zps6f1f20eb.jpg

DSC05502_zps074eb736.jpg

DSC05504_zps9243c19b.jpg

One of the guys from our group found this, he traded it in for some free beer!

DSC05506_zpsad2d5c88.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

So we walked down the beach to the area in front of the condos, as I saw some neat rock formations that looked interesting and the 2 younger kids followed me. I wanted to get some pictures of it.

Then to my surprise as I looked closer I realized there were tons of little tiny snails all over the rocks, hiding in the crevices and such. I called the kids over and the were delighted to hunt for snails. They had a really great time and I had fun watching them enjoy themselves. I also got some great shots!

DSC05508_zps767f405a.jpg

DSC05509_zps8e025d17.jpg

DSC05510_zpseb23ce15.jpg

DSC05511_zpsdba69791.jpg

DSC05515_zpsb794d4d7.jpg

DSC05514_zpsfbbe686a.jpg

Edited by loveysbydesign

I so love your review! I hope that your little guy is all better now. And that cute dog! Its' a foster? How can you resist not adopting it?

I think we may end up adopting him as the owner said she doesn't think she is going to be able to take him back! He is very sweet, just have to get him to stop barking nonstop at our cats!

DSC05539_zpswozwbj1c.jpg

DSC05536_zpsmxppeupu.jpg

DSC05537_zpsdeafshbq.jpg

I think I took this with watercolor or illustration camera setting.

DSC05538_zpsdegjuaos.jpg

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! We are fixing this exact struggle by spending 5 days at The Wilderness Lodge and then going on a Carnival Cruise! haha!

I could not justify the cost difference and I am very very loyal to Carnival. My inlaws finally agreed to my plan and I hope they will not be disappointed!

Thanks for the awesome review. We've been on 3 Disney Cruises (1 Dream and 2 Fantasy) and have a Wonder West Coast cruise coming up in September. We just booked the new Carnival Vista for next June. I'm excited but a little scared at the same time, the Disney service and everything about them is so amazing, but the prices pretty much are killing me. Reading your review is really helping put my mind at ease.

When we sail the Vista it will be it's 4th voyage so we're looking forward to that, we did both the Dream and Fantasy when they were pretty new and absolutely love the new ship feel and smell.

I'm looking forward to reading your final verdict even though I think I know what it will be already.

Great review and great pics! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the awesome review. We've been on 3 Disney Cruises (1 Dream and 2 Fantasy) and have a Wonder West Coast cruise coming up in September. We just booked the new Carnival Vista for next June. I'm excited but a little scared at the same time, the Disney service and everything about them is so amazing, but the prices pretty much are killing me. Reading your review is really helping put my mind at ease.

When we sail the Vista it will be it's 4th voyage so we're looking forward to that, we did both the Dream and Fantasy when they were pretty new and absolutely love the new ship feel and smell.

I'm looking forward to reading your final verdict even though I think I know what it will be already.

Glad to have you both reading along, next update is coming tomorrow! It's been a very long weekend and I am heading to bed early tonight!