Christmas day Mass on the Westerdam?

flowerpots

Historically there have been Christmas related services on board HAL ships, Catholic and Protestant. I think that historically they may even have both a Christmas Eve mass as well as Christmas Day Services. However, as we all know, things can change. Then, Santa comes to the Show Room with gifts for all the kids onboard. In my experience this is a cute event, particularly seeing how the younger children react to the whole thing. I certainly hope these traditions are still held. (By the way, there are also services for Jewish holidays.)

One of my best ship memories was for a sunrise Easter service (minister, priest and Rabbi participated) on the back deck of a HAL ship in a bay in Turkey. A very moving experience I must say.

We are avid Christmas cruisers. There is always a midnight mass on Christmas eve held right after the crew candlelight show.

They will have a midnight mass and a midnight non-denominational. Additionally, they usually have a special mass on Christmas day but have seen one or two years this didn't happen so I won't swear on it.

We have spent many a Christmas on the Westerdam but this year we are going to be on the Oosterdam. Enjoy!!!

I had a great time one Dec. on the Noordam. I was walking by the Queens Lounge on the first day of Chanukha and a dreidel came spinning out in the hall and I spun it right back in. Then I got invited to join a small group for donuts and sweet wine. They were lighting the first candle. I was invited to return for the other nights. Never knew I had dreidel spinning skills.