MSC Splendida food options.

jufrasin

Hi all, I am going on my second MSC cruise in January on the Splendida. I have only travelled on their smaller ship the Sinfonia and was impressed with the pizza and grill options every day. Am I correct in thinking that on the Splendida there is a charge for pizza? This seems strange as on the sinfonia it was all free! If this is the case I wonder why it is different? Also as I am travelling under the new 'BELLA' tier how likely is it that I will not be able to dine in the MDR for the second seating as I have requested. Also any opinions on what the breakfast and lunch options are like in the MDR would be greatly appreciated.

I've not been on the Splendida but have been on the Fantasia. The pizza you pay for is not like the slices they serve on the Sinfonia but ordering an entire pizza.

MDR menus are no different across the fleet. The sort of thing you were used to on the Sinfonia will be what you get on the Splendida. Main difference is they have some speciality restaurants where you have to pay.

One really good thing on. Oth Fantasia and Musica class is the wine bar. Great choice of wines and you get great free food served with your wine. Bit like Italian tapas! Olives, great cold meats and cheeses and breads and that sort of thing. Usually well presented to. Definitely holds you over until second sitting starts.

Breakfast in the MDR has more options for eggs and porridge. Lunch was a several course affair similar to the evening meal if you can eat that much.

We went to the buffet if my son just wanted chips/salad etc. but MDR if we wanted more options for gluten free as they don't have any guarantees of GF other than in MDR. No set times or tables - less of a scrum but can be a bit slow if you're in a hurry before going on trips.

Thanks Guys for the replies, just another quick question though.... what are the charges for the specialty dining options? Are they a cover charge? If so how much? Or are they a per menu item chargeable type place? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Thanks Guys for the replies, just another quick question though.... what are the charges for the specialty dining options? Are they a cover charge? If so how much? Or are they a per menu item chargeable type place? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Check out the specials for your booking by logging onto the website and inputting your booking number. I've prebooked a voucher for a three course meal in El Sombrero Tex Mex on Fantasia for €12 pp. (It's called Sante Fe Tex Mex on Splendida - Deck 7)

I was on Splendida in February - I rooted out my Daily Programs[sic]. On the "Specials" page on embarkation day there was an offer of €4 per dish. On the following day: "...dive into our à la carte menu, where you'll find traditional Mexican dishes like Quesadillas, Burritos and Chili con carne, from just €8. If Texan fare is more your thing, choose one of our succulent steaks, made with premium quality Black Angus beef, at the unmissable price of €14!"

Hope that gives you an idea of prices and offerings :)