Select dining on Solstice

dng6325

We just booked our cruise to Alaska on Solstice in August 2015. This is our first time on Celebrity. Traditional dining for either early or late time was no longer available, so we were put into Select Dining. But we could not reserve a time either. I was told that I can make reservations once on board.

Does Celebrity keep some slots open for passengers to book while on board? Should I keep an eye on their website in case something opens up (ie do they release more slots as it's getting closer to the departure?). I can't believe their traditional slots have all been spoken for 9 months before departure! If we don't have reservations, are we in for a long wait to get a table? We are going with 2 kids, so most likely will try to have dinner at around 6:30pm.

Any advice for a smooth dinner experience would be appreciated!

Thanks!

You can make reservations for Select Dining some time nearer to your cruise. If I remember correctly I was able to make reserations for my upcoming cruise in January 2015 about 2 months ago. So yes, keep an eye on their website. Also, you can ask them (or your TA if you booked through a TA) to put you on the wait list for traditional dining for your prefered seating.

When I booked my upcoming cruise I accidently booked early seating. I then switched to Select as the late seating was not available. Some weeks ago suddenly the late seating was available and again I was able to switch. When your cruise gets closer to final payment date there are more spots available as many people seem to cancel before final payment. My upcoming cruise has been sold out for weeks and now there are lots of cabins available. So don´t worry, you have plenty of time until your cruise starts.

Did you request a tradition dining time? We booked the same cruise this year on Aug.22 back in Nov 2013. We requested 6:00 pm and were listed as Select Dining, by the time we made our final payment we had our 6:00 dining time. Your right they can't be filled up for all the dining 9 month's out, try calling Celebrity and checking soon.

J.

Thank you all!

TA just told me traditional dining was not available, so he put me in Select Dining. I will call them back and ask to be put on the waiting list for the early dining time. I really don't mind the Select dining as long as I get to reserve in advance. I'm just afraid of a long wait time with tired kids.