Four in a two berth stateroom

PJOZ

I've asked this on the Royal Caribbean Board but thought someone here may be able to help as well.

Our friends who have two young (9 and 6) children are thinking about doing a cruise with us on the Voyager of the Seas but there are no 4 berth cabins left. They are thinking about booking two cabins with one adult and one child in each but as they are looking at guarantee category I've explained the two cabins may be at opposite ends of the ship.

They're wondering would it be possible to book two cabins but actually all sleep in one? They would book one balcony and one inside, do the twin share balcony cabins have a sofa that one child could sleep on? And would it be possible to bring some of the bedding from the inside stateroom for the other child to sleep on or do they have rollaway beds?

If worst comes to worst they can sleep in the two separate cabins but just wondering if anyone had ever done this and if it worked?

Thanks, Penny

Can't speak to that specific ship, but people do this all the time.

The cruise line really doesn't care who sleeps where. As long as everyone has paid a proper fee to be there you could sleep in the shower if you so desire.

Other options would include getting connecting cabins or a suite.

Thanks Lerin. Yes I was hoping someone from the RCCL board would answer so they could tell me what the sofa is like and whether you could use it as a bed.

No suites, no interconnecting and no 4 berth staterooms left so that's not an option. But I agree I don't see why the cruise line would have an issue they will pay the tips etc on the unused stateroom and I guess it's up to you if you are happy to sleep on an uncomfortable lounge or a makeshift bed.

I sail exclusively RCI. The balcony room (depends on the catagory) may have a sofa..if so..yes a child could sleep on it...however if it only has a loveseat..they are very small..Once onboard your friends can sleep wherever they want but might end up using their second cabin for the comfort of everyone...

Also speak to the cabin steward's about what/where/how their going to be sleeping as they are very helpful..but will be concerned if no one shows up in the cabin...No need for your friends to lug around bedding.

As long as they have the two cabins booked RCI doesn't care who sleeps where.

Best of luck and enjoy your cruise...all of you.

Thanks so much Ashland, it's their first cruise so I'm hoping it goes well but at the end of the day it is only a 3 night cruise so I'm sure however it works out it will be fine - they all have a bed somewhere and that's the main thing. Hopefully they will have a sofa but we might have to wait till they board to know for sure. We will definitely speak to the cabin stewards.