Early Saver

zwoodcock

Hi all!

So I was checking the Carnival Fare Viewer just a moment ago, and I'm a little lost. I don't actually know what we booked under (Early Saver, etc). We didn't book the cruise online, we booked through a Carnival rep on our previous cruise in March of 2014, and I don't see the booking type listed on any of the paperwork we were given. In addition, the perk we received for booking when we did ($50 OBC per person) isn't listed under any of the selections available on the Fare Viewer.

Is there a way for me to check what my booking type is without running on the hamster wheel that is CCL Customer Service?

And one more thing; does Early Saver reap the benefit of ANY price drop? Cause if we booked ES, and we get ANY price drop, I see a nice $100~ more coming our way.

Thanks!

Submit the form= if its kicked back they will tell you that you are not booked at early saver rate.

Do it NOW as that price is not guaranteed and they will go up and down right now.

Edited by serene56

Hi all!

So I was checking the Carnival Fare Viewer just a moment ago, and I'm a little lost. I don't actually know what we booked under (Early Saver, etc). We didn't book the cruise online, we booked through a Carnival rep on our previous cruise in March of 2014, and I don't see the booking type listed on any of the paperwork we were given. In addition, the perk we received for booking when we did ($50 OBC per person) isn't listed under any of the selections available on the Fare Viewer.

Is there a way for me to check what my booking type is without running on the hamster wheel that is CCL Customer Service?

And one more thing; does Early Saver reap the benefit of ANY price drop? Cause if we booked ES, and we get ANY price drop, I see a nice $100~ more coming our way.

Thanks!

Your email confirmation will show the rate group you booked down in the Guest Notes.

Hi all!

Thanks!

Do you have a booking number somewhere on your paperwork? If so, go to Carnival's homepage and go to "Manage My Booking". Enter the booking number and you'll be able to find what you're looking for. If not, you'll probably have to call Carnival.

If you check guest notes on your confirmation, I've never seen the booking type specifically identified, but always the Terms and Conditions for that booking type, which you have to go back to the web page to "match-up" (there's a page on the site that lists all the current bookings and their T&C). Military and Past Guest are pretty obvious, Early Saver will have terms like "non-refundable deposit" etc.

With Early Saver you can get any price drop that you're eligible for (past guest, military.....) for same cruise, date, cabin category.

Be aware that the FareViewer does not display Military rates.

ken

Edited by Ken076

On email confirmations up through last spring showed the rate group (Early Saver). A booking I just made in September does not show that any more but the rest of the words in the paragraph are all the same. Interesting to hear why they no longer publish the "Early Saver" as part of the "note"

To get the ES rate you have to have your exact classification changed. Carnival is good at advertising OV or balcony at very attractive rates that only apply to guarantee cabins. And like previously mentioned, it's up to you to watch the rates and put in the paper work for the reduction. Although my PVP always does it for me when I catch a price drop.