Question to those recently off Regal re Beatlemaniacs

LadyCruisers

We were on the Regal for 2 weeks. The week of Nov. 9th there was no performance by the Beatlemaniacs ! The week of Nov 16th they did perform in the Princess Theater on Thursday evening. We went to the early show and arrived about 35 minutes early. We procured very good seats and the place became packed about 15 minutes before starting time. I thought the show was very good, but my wife, a huge Beatle fan, thought it was PHENOMENAL!!

The only negative thing about the entire performance was they played "Yellow Submarine" !

Enjoy your cruise.

Yours,

Billy

We were on the Regal for 2 weeks. The week of Nov. 9th there was no performance by the Beatlemaniacs ! The week of Nov 16th they did perform in the Princess Theater on Thursday evening. We went to the early show and arrived about 35 minutes early. We procured very good seats and the place became packed about 15 minutes before starting time. I thought the show was very good, but my wife, a huge Beatle fan, thought it was PHENOMENAL!!

The only negative thing about the entire performance was they played "Yellow Submarine" !

Enjoy your cruise.

Yours,

Billy

Not a negative for me. I saw Ringo Starr perform it live! Did your wife see the Beatles live back in the day?

Sue

From my Princess email received today (12/4) concerning the Regal 14-21 cruise. It's "from" the Cruise Director and Circle Host:

Guest Entertainers

At Princess, we invite some of the world’s best entertainers – including comedians, magicians and guest singers – onboard to delight our guests. Here’s a few on your upcoming cruise:

Adam Ace: Wild and Crazy Comedy! Unlike Any Comedy Show you Have Ever Seen!

Beatlemaniacs: Live In Concert, A Complete Beatles Experience

So they'll be onboard but not sure when. I want to see them too!

We were on the November 16 Regal sailing, and saw the early show on Thursday night. It was packed and people were singing along and dancing--wonderful show. They also did a late night dance show in the piazza, which we did not attend, but heard from others that it was also fantastic and that dance floor was packed. Don't miss this show if you have an opportunity to see it.

The Beatlemaniacs are not a Princess Cruises exclusive, as they play on other ships and cruise lines, as well as land-based concert venues. Last year they were on for one round-trip sailing at the beginning of December - boarding in St. Thomas one week, and getting off in St. Thomas the next week - then came back later in the month.

Here are some pictures from when they performed on Royal Princess...

11246335964_a11ba41187_c.jpg

11246337064_67acd5e0d4_c.jpg

11544170974_8dbd9735f7_c.jpg

11544164154_4acd2e5edf_c.jpg

11246337534_1b7f387596_c.jpg

:D

We just got the e-mail from Princess for our 12/14 Regal cruise indicating Beatlemaniacs is part of the entertainment on our cruise. Hope that's the case.

Very cool! As others have said, for the show in the theater get there relatively very early to get a good seat, as there may be only one or two shows performed there. As in most other cases they did another show in the atrium, which in my opinion was the much better performance. But as you can see by the pictures that I posted, it was basically standing room only in the atrium around the railings and all the way up and down the spiral stair case.

Enjoy!!!

The Beatlemaniacs are not a Princess Cruises exclusive, as they play on other ships and cruise lines, as well as land-based concert venues. Last year they were on for one round-trip sailing at the beginning of December - boarding in St. Thomas one week, and getting off in St. Thomas the next week - then came back later in the month.

Here are some pictures from when they performed on Royal Princess...

11246335964_a11ba41187_c.jpg

11246337064_67acd5e0d4_c.jpg

11544170974_8dbd9735f7_c.jpg

11544164154_4acd2e5edf_c.jpg

11246337534_1b7f387596_c.jpg

My pet peeve about Princess, with shows in the Atrium.

People insist on standing on the steps; thus, creating a dangerous condition.

From seeing some other posts, the Beatlemaniacs must be doing more than one ship. This is a common practice in Europe and Alaska. They entertain on one ship, get off at a port and are picked up by another ship, etc. etc.

While the show does look like fun, I do wish that someone at Princess seemed to grasp that the history of worthwhile rock and roll did not come to a dead stop sometime around 1980. With the exception of that endlessly repeating U2 concert on MUTS, the entertainment seems firmly aimed at Boomers who haven't bought a single rock recording since Sonny left Cher.

And come to think of it, that U2 concert is over 20 years old.

While the show does look like fun, I do wish that someone at Princess seemed to grasp that the history of worthwhile rock and roll did not come to a dead stop sometime around 1980. With the exception of that endlessly repeating U2 concert on MUTS, the entertainment seems firmly aimed at Boomers who haven't bought a single rock recording since Sonny left Cher.

And come to think of it, that U2 concert is over 20 years old.

Sonny left Cher? :eek: