Oasis returning to Ft. Lauderdale

Oasis1117

On board now. We've been at port for a while now.

I feel awful for the families involved but the selfish part of me wonders what we do about our missed excursions (or whole day!) in labadee. We were excited to zip line for the first time ever. And do we get partial discounts if the stop is missed?

They really aren't telling us anything.

Wondering if we should be storming the customer service desk for info or if we should just stay put

Eta: investigation? Uh oh

Edited by Aurianna

I feel awful for the families involved but the selfish part of me wonders what we do about our missed excursions (or whole day!) in labadee. We were excited to zip line for the first time ever. And do we get partial discounts if the stop is missed?

Wondering if we should be storming the customer service desk for info or if we should just stay put

I would carry on. Stay put. Captain will figure it out. Once we had to reverse our itinerary due to going back to port.

Prayers for the people and families involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkk

Edited by internetwhiz

REALLY?? That is possibly the worst/heartless post I have ever read....

Yes, if there are 8 cops onboard, there was most likely a death. I feel so bad for this persons family. What a horrible ending to what should have been a wonderful week.

Is it me or have there been an abundance of injures/illnesses onboard ships right after they leave the ports? A person I work with was on the FOS back in September. They had 3 medical emergencies. Two were in the first day then later on, someone gave birth that didn't know they were pregnant. :eek: What a week that must have been for the staff. Holy cow..

When a ship has to return to port like this for say a medical emergency, who bears the costs involved. I'm sure there are huge costs to return and dock again.

This question was asked of the captain in the Q&A and he said they will always always do whatever it takes... The cost is never questioned. And it would never bet passed on to anyone. And it's way more safe to bring the ship into port then to do an air rescue so when they can that's what they will do.