Snorkel equip - any need to bring your own?

Frznrth

We always take our own. Its ours, it fits and we know who put it in their mouth. Now the fins have been replaced with the newer shorter, kind of web fins and we love them. We actually have one suitcase we use for snorkel gear, beach gear, ginger ale and noodles its an extra suit case, but it works out so well having our "gear" with us.

Could you share a brand name or website for these "web fins"?

Thanks!

Another thing to consider is foot size if you want to rent fins. From my limited experience, if you have over size 12 feet, you want to bring your own or risk losing your feet from lack of blood circulation :)

Here's a link for bigger travel fins http://www.divers-supply.com/seadive-traveler-snorkeler-fins-blue-xxl-13-15.html?utm_source=amazon&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=amazon&utm_content=EBI-SDF188B

The first time we ever snorkeled, we bought snorkels from the customer service desk on the ship. Our next cruise, we brought our own including the fins. The equipment took up a lot of room in the suitcases. So, since then, we only bring our masks and snorkel. I am not using a snorkel that hundreds of my closest friends have used. BLECK! :p I even bring travel wet wipes to somewhat sanitize the inflation tube on the snorkel vest. No one ever thinks about that, and I have never seen the excursion company clean those. :eek:

Another thing to consider is foot size if you want to rent fins. From my limited experience, if you have over size 12 feet, you want to bring your own or risk losing your feet from lack of blood circulation :)

I wear a 15. I have been surprised they usually have fins that fit. BUT, I know to ask for them as soon as I can before they hand the big ones out.