Improved Wi Fi (specifically on Regal)

shutterbug63

Does anyone know or has anyone seen a timeframe for this to be rolled out on Princess? Thinking specifically for our March, 2015, sailing on the Regal.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/carnival-launches-new-wi-fi-network-internet-at-sea/

Also wondering what Wi Fi speeds are like on Regal from anyone who's sailed her in the Caribbean. Any info would be appreciated.

We were on the Regal in November, and internet speeds were very slow. In fact that was our only complaint on an otherwise fabulous cruise. Internet speed was only decent in the early morning or late at night when fewer people were online.

We were on the Regal in November, and internet speeds were very slow. In fact that was our only complaint on an otherwise fabulous cruise. Internet speed was only decent in the early morning or late at night when fewer people were online.

Same for us on the Regal.

We were on the Thanksgiving cruise and found the wifi speed to be much improved. We had no trouble with the signal throughout the cruise. Mind you, not blazing fast, but improved. We were in Riviera 101..... as forward as you can get on that deck.

A friend of mine is working on Regal. She reported 3 days during

a recent cruise with no internet.

That is REALLY, REALLY slow!

Thanks, everyone, for the info. I'm going to keep an eye on this post until we sail in March. Son & I are at loggerheads as to whether we'll get internet or not. I don't think I want to pay for it if it's slow & per minute charge. It's just not worth it unless one of us absolutely has to have access and that isn't the case. He'll have to save his pennies if he wants it.