Royally Enchanted Once Again ~ Enchantment Of The Seas Picture Review

mpoole3

Why yes I'll be doing a review on the Freedom this summer & Oasis this spring. However, I'm thinking about taking a break on my next Enchantment cruise, they are actually alot of work.

I'll try and update more tonight - I'm about to record a royal podcast for my friends blog site. Coco Cay vs Labadee.

So I won't be looking for a guy with a big camera on the 9th? :D

Hi Michael, thanks for the great review! (And for incorporating my suggestion in your title!) We're on her for the New Years trip starting Sunday and can't wait. Peeking at the menu was fun...wonder if there will be anything special for our cruise...:rolleyes: Thanks also for giving us a preview of the Holiday décor..DW is all excited.

We'll give a mini review upon our return, have a great Holiday, thanks again.

Bill

Good Morning from Day 2 - We are docked in Nassau from Noon - Midnight. So we had a "sea morning" And what better way to start my morning off with some coffee. So this ship is a little different that the larger ships where the only free coffee is room service, park cafe, and windjammer.

I always splurge for a nice cup of starbucks.

IMG_5876_zps64aedca6.jpg

For breakfast you must check out park cafe, pool deck all the way aft in the solarium. They offer fresh fruit, oatmeal bar, breakfast sandwhiches. I am not a huge breakfast person, so this is perfect for me. I refer to it with my friends I bring on board with me as the Panera Bread at sea.

IMG_5877_zps2d81c7a2.jpg

Talk about a peaceful breakfast and the view.

IMG_5878_zps2f4413f8.jpg

Hi Michael, thanks for the great review! (And for incorporating my suggestion in your title!) We're on her for the New Years trip starting Sunday and can't wait. Peeking at the menu was fun...wonder if there will be anything special for our cruise...:rolleyes: Thanks also for giving us a preview of the Holiday décor..DW is all excited.

We'll give a mini review upon our return, have a great Holiday, thanks again.

Bill

I've always wanted to do a New Years cruise, it's going to be a blast, I'm sure of it. I will have this review wrapped up for you before you leave, no worries. :D

I plan on finishing it on Christmas Day over a glass of vino!

I notice there were still not a lot of people out and about this morning, so I relaxed pool side for a few hours, wishing I had more starbucks.

IMG_5889_zps9775e5d1.jpg

It was sippin' time poolside. So out of all the places on the Enchantment, this is one place you wont find me. I never go to this bar, the Oasis Pool bar has the ocean views and the fun staff.

IMG_5888_zps5c16b3ef.jpg

They started asking for people early!

IMG_5887_zpscbf48b61.jpg

Speaking of the belly flop, it was a big flop. They only had three guys join in on the fun, so it was short and sweet. But that's a good thing because the pool side lunch was almost done...

IMG_5959_zpse6292aad.jpg

IMG_5961_zps20a82071.jpg

IMG_5962_zps80601aa5.jpg

IMG_5963_zpsf9e01a34.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

Good Morning from Day 2 - We are docked in Nassau from Noon - Midnight. So we had a "sea morning" And what better way to start my morning off with some coffee. So this ship is a little different that the larger ships where the only free coffee is room service, park cafe, and windjammer.

I always splurge for a nice cup of starbucks.

Thanks for the specialty coffee menu Michael. Interesting that they no longer list any iced beverages.

Looks great! I do really like the top side of Enchantment (post stretch) for one of the older ships. This park cafe roast beef/pork issue is interesting! This won't sit well with my meat eating family members :eek:

Great photos as always! :D

Not trying to hijack thread but happy Holidays my friends from Boston. Enjoy the rest of the football season.

As I was leaving I ran across the Schooner Bar. I will say this place was very empty, but I'm pretty sure everyone was getting ready.

This is one of my favorite schooner bar's in the fleet, because of all the windows. Don't get this anymore on the larger ship. I actually recall seeing a port hole on Navigator and no windows on Oasis.

IMG_5806_zps68ee134e.jpg

IMG_5810_zpsdd801335.jpg

That's why the Radiance class is my favorite class of ships your really connected to the ocean.

Edited by smeck

One of my favorite meals on the Enchantment is the Poolside lunch, as we pull into Nassau.

They made some amazing fried rice with shrimp & chicken, which I went back for more. I've never seen them make this rice before, so I sure hope they make it again next month.

IMG_5982_zps1c590c13.jpg

There is just something about this corn, it's the best I've had. If you enjoy corn get in the line for just the corn!

IMG_5985_zps8df1c92b.jpg

I didn't try any sweets, but they look really good. I kept having so much rice I couldn't eat anymore.

IMG_5984_zpsec10135b.jpg

Thanks for the specialty coffee menu Michael. Interesting that they no longer list any iced beverages.

You're Welcome Bob. So this is my last CC review...I've been recruited to blog on a different "royal blog" site.

Edited by mpoole3

After my lunch I went up to the top deck and take some pictures of us pulling into Nassau. The lighthouse is always one of my favorite pictures to take, I have so many, but can you really have enough?

IMG_5894_zps430b9079.jpg

IMG_5906_zps409a7cf1.jpg

IMG_5928_zpsaad4bd6e.jpg

IMG_5924_zpsfe4614d3.jpg

And my favorite...

IMG_5935_zpse6039358.jpg

Around 1:00PM I decided to get ready to head off the ship. We docked at noon, but I've learned over the years never head right down when you dock/tender it will be a nightmare.

I noticed we were in port with the Majesty and requested a tour of her while we were docked and it was quickly declined, but hey at least I tried.

IMG_5997_zpscd155b90.jpg

Majesty Of The Seas. I wanted to go on her so bad.

IMG_6002_zps6b55e092.jpg

So I've been to Nassau four times this year and thought about not getting off, but I thought, why waste a beautiful day onboard when I could explore in the town.

If you have read any of my reviews you know I always spend the day at Junkanoo Beach. Short walk and a free clean beach.

They also have signs telling you how to get there, but you just follow the sidewalk and you are there.

IMG_6018_zpse4a37045.jpg

IMG_6019_zpsa6941725.jpg

The beach is kinda small, but for a few hours it's perfect. They also have wifi at the tiki bar, and the password is "Byron98" it's been that for years now.

IMG_6020_zpsb330fdf3.jpg

Edited by mpoole3

Thanks for the Great Pics & Review.

The Bahama 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral on board the Enchantment are our favorite getaways. A half days drive and we are there.

We really enjoy the Enchantment, for a seventeen year old ship that sails with up to 4,800 passengers each week, we think She's great... We are booked in October and December...

We've sailed the Sovereign 3 times, Monarch 11 times and Enchantment 7 times to the Bahamas out of Port Canaveral since 2007... We've visited Nassau 29 times and CoCo Cay 21 times.

I've got to mention the New Years Eve Cruise on Enchantment...

We did this cruise December 30, 2013, New Years Eve in CoCO Cay and New Years Day in Nassau... We have it booked again in 2014... We will be Celebrating New Years Eve in one week in Nassau....

The Enchantment knows how to Party on New Years Eve. Parties about the Ship for any taste, they had two combined bands in the Centrum doing Pop/Rock. They had a Latin band in Boleros, They had the Ship's Ochestra doing Big Band music in the Spotlight Lounge and a Pianist in the Schooner Bar. Every host/hostess started bringing out trays of complimentary Champaign about 11:45pm. There was a Buffet on the Pool Deck at 12:15am and if you were wondering what was happening in the Viking Crown Lounge, well, they started a Disco Party about 12:15AM (The First Party of 2014) that went, I'm Told, until 5AM... Reyno, the Concierge, had a party in his lounge too...

The Enchantment is just a FUN ship.

Dennis & Sue

Are you planning to go on Majesty any time soon?

I would love to see a review with pictures of her!:D

I've never been on the Majesty, only her sister Monarch a few years ago.

I've thought about going on the Majesty, but I'm not sure I could NOT do the Enchantment. I have so many friends "crew" I've made on the Enchantment, they are almost like my family. I was hugging crew as I was walking off...