Are suites worth the extra $$?

Plus on some private island they have areas only for suite guests...

I only would book JS for the extra C&A points, especially if I was close to be a diamond, otherwise it would be GS are bigger to really see/feel the difference of space.

Ahhh, you are making it tough now, was really going to book a Balcony instead of GS. Now I am torn

Did Alaska in June on Radiance, was in the GS 1556 (pictures).

Loved it, having the space plus view. On top of having the extended room service was nice when being tired to head to one of the dining venues.

Plus getting the double points by having a suite was worth it, getting 26 vs 13.

Only down side, I wasn't a big fan of the shower-tub.

Cost difference between the JS and GS wasn't all that much when booked.

In general no. However, there are situations where the extra size of the suite or the perks might make a difference.

I've been in suites on Carnival, NCL and Royal Caribbean. While the size of the suite was very helpful on Royal Caribbean, the service was worse than what I received in an ocean view on my next Royal Caribbean one week cruise.

Since, I am going to explore this issue again. I have booked a balcony cabin for my next Royal Caribbean cruise and a GS for the next Royal Caribbean cruise after that. Then I'll compare the two and decide if the GS is worth the extra cost.

• 1 month later...
Had a Crown Loft suite on the Allure and LOVED it ! Wonderful experience to wake up in the morning - hit your remote control - and have those 17ft curtains open

Is it worth the extra $$$$ ? Only you know

Really looking forward to doing this! :D

Any other info on the Crown Loft that really made it memorable?

We hope the GS is worth the money. we booked one during the first days of the BOGO sale last spring. So, we booked a GS on the Serenade. I know the price is much less than the JS is going for now. I know the price is a good one. We just need to see if we feel the room/service warrants the price in the future. I do not expect to see those prices again.

I am just sorry I did not book a couple more that day. :rolleyes:

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

We hope the GS is worth the money. we booked one during the first days of the BOGO sale last spring. So, we booked a GS on the Serenade. I know the price is much less than the JS is going for now. I know the price is a good one. We just need to see if we feel the room/service warrants the price in the future. I do not expect to see those prices again.

I am just sorry I did not book a couple more that day. :rolleyes:

We did the same, and I wish we had booked another as well. This is our 2nd time in the same GS on Serenade and I can't wait. This time I vow to utilize room service!!

Yes, for us. We love the Grand Suite. It is like flying first class in the airplane, you'll never go back to coach.

As for price, on our next cruise on the Adventure, our Grand Suite costs LESS than a junior suite or even a stateroom with balcony. You need to have a good representative who can spot deals.