With 7 miles of beach, there has to be some good and not so good?

BillOh

This will only be our 2nd visit to Grand Caymen. I'm hoping we go 2 for 2 in making it. Originally it was going to be 2 couples going, but now its just my wife and I. I am going ashore early to do a beach dive right near the port. That should be over by 10. What is a better spot for 7 mile beach. Since I will be diving already in the morning snorkeling may not be that important. access to good food and drink may be a plus Easy transportation back to the ship would be nice.

7 Mile Beach is not actually 7 miles long.....just so you know!

The area near Sea Grape is fine...there is food/drink, restrooms, chair rentals, and watersport rentals. The bus has a stop right there by the bar/restaurant, so it's super easy (and cheap) to get back and forth! The bus is $2.50 pp.

Who perpetuates this fraud? ;)

Actually I grew up on 4 mile creek. I'm sure it was more than 4 miles long, but it was 4 miles from town. Maybe that is it.

Another nice beach club is Royal Palms but it will cost you 2.00 to use the facilities. :D We enjoy the adult swimming pool and free wifi.

Thanks, I'll look into that one. So you like to run 9 miles huh? :D (retired marathoner)

• 3 weeks later...

The area near Sea Grape is fine...there is food/drink, restrooms, chair rentals, and watersport rentals. The bus has a stop right there by the bar/restaurant, so it's super easy (and cheap) to get back and forth! The bus is $2.50 pp.

A little off topic but can you use US money for bus fare?

Usually US $ is accepted everywhere, including (I'm told) on the buses, but change will be in CI $ so have lots of small bills.

Royal Palms has an adults only pool, but allows children everywhere else. They do seem to get fewer families than some of the other sections, though.

Edited by bookbabe