Port Everglade Rental Car return

commie

Has anyone ever return their rental cars at the Port Everglades? How crazy is the traffic going into the Port area?

Also, do I still have to take a shuttle bus/taxi from the Hertz or National rental return desk to the Port?

Would it be better to just return the rental car at FLL and take the taxi to the Port Everglades?

If you look over on the Florida Departures board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

you will see this topic discussed daily. There are no car rental return sites within the port. I believe there is one just outside the port on 17th, otherwise you are dealing with the airport, which isn't far away. Some reading over there will reveal which car rental operations have shuttles to the port. At worst you are looking at a $15 or so taxi ride.

Yes, traffic in the port can be busy on the days many ships are in.

There is a Budget Rent-A-Car on 17th Street at The Quay, just outside the entrance to Port Everglades. You can rent and return your car there and catch a taxi or perhaps they run a shuttle to take people to/from ships.

My husband and son dropped my DIL and me off at the port with all the luggage. After we checked our large bags with the porters, my husband and son took the car to the return site. They were guided to the front of the line quickly, because so many people were waiting to pick their car up. They were offered a free shuttle ride back to the port, but because it was so close and they were excited to get on board, the grabbed a taxi. The shuttle would have been a wait while it filled up. It was all very quick and convienient.