Miami Docking and Debarkation to MIA question!

mollymyers15

Hi ya'll! First of all, I've been stalking these boards for a while. My hubby and I finally booked the Splendor on March 1st.

We will be flying from Arkansas, and I was wondering if a 10:49 flight after the cruise would give us enough time between the cruise and the airport? It has us for being back in Miami at 8:00am. I've never flown into MIA before. Would it be cutting it close, but do-able? What would you recommend being the best (and cheapest) way to get from the port to MIA?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by mollymyers15

If you are docking at POM and flying out of MIA, you should be fine with a flight time then. Carnival recommends 11AM and 10 min isn't going to make that much of a difference.

In Oct I had a 10:05 AM flight and had almost 2 hours to spare. We had FTTF and did self assist so were among the first off. We took a cab for a flat $24. I would recommend you do the same.

I think you would be cutting it very close.

If you could be the first off the ship (no later than 8:00) and the ship arrived on time, took a taxi to the airport ($25) and got right through security with no delays,......You could make you flight.

I have been right off the ship (Platinum) by 7:45 before and been sitting at my gate by 9:45 before, so it can be done. But my flight wasn't scheduled till 11:00.

Thanks for asking this. I think I will take the poster's advice who said not to book before noon.

Also - for those experienced with this port - we are flying in from PA. We will fly in the night before - can anyone recommend a place to stay? Do any of the hotel's have shuttles to the ports?

Thanks for asking this. I think I will take the poster's advice who said not to book before noon.

Also - for those experienced with this port - we are flying in from PA. We will fly in the night before - can anyone recommend a place to stay? Do any of the hotel's have shuttles to the ports?

We booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport. It was relatively cheap, with shuttles from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel to the port. It was the cheapest I found that looked decent, that had the shuttles!

For our plane, I know it is cutting it close, but there's a $200 difference in flight costs between that and a 1:00 flight. Also, this would put us home very late in the evening and I, unfortunately, have to work the next morning.. Decisions decisions.

We have stayed at the Regency Hotel 2 times before (about $130 a night). Close to Airport, nothing fancy, free airport shuttle, has a nice little restaurant and bar, and walking distance to a liquor store (if you are into smuggling on some liquor).

Shuttle to ship in the morning was $10 per person. Must sign up for morning shuttle night before. Leaves at 10:00 am for the port.

The question seems to be mostly answered, but let's put some things together and add my two cents (worth about what you paid for them):

* The taxi will cost about $25 and take about 15-30 minutes to get to MIA, depending on the usual factors. You won't be able to pre-book Carnival's shuttle (you need a flight that departs 11:30 or later). I wouldn't choose any other option in your situation.

* You should be OK. The one time I cruised out of Miami, we were scheduled to get in at 8 AM, but we were actually docked by 7 with people leaving by 7:30. I was at the airport a bit after 8. But be aware that there's always a risk that things won't go as well and you might be delayed for one reason or another.

* Some people fly out of Ft. Lauderdale (FLL). A taxi would still be the best option (certainly the fastest), but it will cost more and take roughly 30-60 minutes to make it. If everything goes right, you can make an 11 AM flight from there, but that's cutting it too fine for my tastes.

* It would help if you do self assist. That means carrying your own bags off the plane. They get to depart before just about everyone, which will help because you're going to need those minutes.

* If you notify Carnival about your early flight either online, through Guest Services, or your cabin steward, you'll get zone 2 tags, which will allow you to depart before most guests who don't have special status and aren't self-disembarking.

The question seems to be mostly answered, but let's put some things together and add my two cents (worth about what you paid for them):

* The taxi will cost about $25 and take about 15-30 minutes to get to MIA, depending on the usual factors. You won't be able to pre-book Carnival's shuttle (you need a flight that departs 11:30 or later). I wouldn't choose any other option in your situation.

* You should be OK. The one time I cruised out of Miami, we were scheduled to get in at 8 AM, but we were actually docked by 7 with people leaving by 7:30. I was at the airport a bit after 8. But be aware that there's always a risk that things won't go as well and you might be delayed for one reason or another.

* Some people fly out of Ft. Lauderdale (FLL). A taxi would still be the best option (certainly the fastest), but it will cost more and take roughly 30-60 minutes to make it. If everything goes right, you can make an 11 AM flight from there, but that's cutting it too fine for my tastes.

* It would help if you do self assist. That means carrying your own bags off the plane. They get to depart before just about everyone, which will help because you're going to need those minutes.

* If you notify Carnival about your early flight either online, through Guest Services, or your cabin steward, you'll get zone 2 tags, which will allow you to depart before most guests who don't have special status and aren't self-disembarking.

Great info added. Only thing I will add to this is the taxi ride to FLL will run about $75-80 but might be worth it in airfare rates.

I had a 11:30am flight out of MIA this year. We self disembark and took a cab. We were all checked in at the airport by 8:30am. You would have been in that case but that doesn't mean when you go something will happen and you won't be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have only debarked in Miami once but as cautious as I am even I think you will be OK. My only addition is do you have insurance? Carnival FAQ states 11:30 flight is the earliest. If you book a flight before this please be sure your insurance will cover you if you miss the flight.

Thanks to all! I think we are going to go for it, with insurance. We are naturally "quick" and timely people, and (knock on wood) have never had flight trouble.

I'll bring it up to Guest Services about our departure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums