Picture-A-Week-2015 - Week 01

pierces

Took the family to see the Rose Parade floats yesterday.

Appreciate this more close-up picture that gives us a better idea for how the individual flowers make it all work. On TV, it is harder to see those "details". Show us more pictures. Nice to see these colorful floats.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 91,181 views for this posting.

Hi! I'm a new poster to the photo board, but I have been inspired and educated by you folks for awhile now! I'd like to try to participate in the picture of the week starting right now...

P1000307.JPG

We spent the week of New Year's at a cabin we rented near Leavenworth, Washington. It was beautiful, but COLD!!! I spent a good half an hour trying to capture the icicles to my satisfaction, and this one is my favorite of the bunch.

P1000294.JPG

While I was messing around with the icicles, this little squirrel scampered up the tree right behind me. I couldn't resist taking his picture too.

Welcome to our photo boards.

There are lots of different threads to post pictures in.

Love the squirrel.

Yes, super agree on loving the wonderful B&W picture by Dave of the cousins with their sparklers. WELCOME to upriver mama and I offer strong encouragement to post more of your nice pictures. Loved both of your pictures, especially of this cute squirrel. Keep up the good work!! Give us more!!

I am not a great chef, but here is an update for our Saturday evening dining experience at our favorite neighborhood place, the Iron Grill BBQ & Brew. My cooking skills are limited to doing basic warm-ups, heating canned soup and making popcorn in the microwave. But, I love to eat and appreciate good, fun dining!!

Look good and interesting? Now watching the start of the NFL play-offs. The NFL, for those in Europe and around the world, is the National Football League. They are the big-time pro's who will have their Super Bowl game on Feb. 2 while we are sailing on the Amazon River in Brazil.

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, you might look at this earlier posting that shows many options and visual potentials for this city that is so great for "walking around", personally sampling its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 45,338 views.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

First, it was a cold draft of my favorite, Stella Artois. Then their wonderful baby back ribs with onion rings and garlic toast. The owner came by and offered us, for free, some of her home-made apple pie. Wonderful!! We shared the dessert among the four of us at our table. These pictures were taken with my iPhone, but they worked out fairly well in their quality.:

Jan2015AA14_zpsa4007ae1.jpg

Jan2015AA15_zpse421a98e.jpg

Jan2015AA16_zpsa999ae11.jpg

Well this was not a good time to look at these wonderful food pictures.

Now I am hungry and it is too early for dinner.

Thanks Terry. Yes the detail is really amazing when you get up close. Here are a couple more.

Cal Poly University float

Eagle from the City of Alhambra float

Dole float

Krazy Kruizers: Did you get any pictures of the "the Love Boat" float?

Krazy Kruizers: Well this was not a good time to look at these wonderful food pictures. Now I am hungry and it is too early for dinner.

Appreciate these picture of the wonderful' date=' added floats from the 2015 Tournament of Roses Parade from Pasadena. But, YES, would super enjoy seeing more of the [b']"Love Boat" float [/b]that was in this year's parade. Great to see that floral display and especially with the stars from that original show riding on the float.

Glad that my pictures of food made you hungry. That's a sign of success for me!! My pictures have no calories, but don't blame me for making you want to dine early.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. We are now at 191,553 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

I was also at the Rose Parade this past week. I was there for my job -- I am a group tour director for high school bands and choirs. We were with the Round Rock HS Band from near Austin, TX. It was a 28-hour bus ride in a caravan of 7 motor coaches from Austin to southern CA (and a 30-hour trip home thanks to icy roads covering west Texas!).

For the parade, our group of chaperones and parents were high in one of the grandstands, so my photos aren't as "up close and personal" as Goofy's, but here are a few, including the requested Love Boat float:

16024324630_28f856142c_z.jpgUntitled by suegee57, on Flickr

16209793421_fcd60647b1_z.jpgUntitled by suegee57, on Flickr

The group visited the float assembly tent. It smelled lovely in there from all the flowers! It was very cool to see them painstakingly place flowers and otherwise build and embellish the floats by hand:

16183494896_b6896a3053_z.jpgUntitled by suegee57, on Flickr

16207370951_816d52eef1_z.jpgUntitled by suegee57, on Flickr

16021722628_7a98257873_z.jpg by suegee57, on Flickr

16023433197_59071fb437_z.jpg by suegee57, on Flickr

Great pictures of the floats being made. Here are a couple of Princess Love Boat float up close.

Appreciate these great, addition pictures in connection with the "Love Boat". The had lots of "details" on this float with its many buildings, etc.

Enjoyed a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 91,636 views for this posting.

• 2 months later...

Okay, coming late to the party. I've already slightly introduced myself in another thread on the board here, but maybe I can introduce myself further through some photos.

I do a Project365 (have been doing so for a few years) so I'll try to submit one picture a week from the Project365. The full 365 is linked below, as is my flickr account (to which I also post my Project365 pictures)

Okay, here's week 1 - the moon in the tree caught my eye here

15566741873_eed294f55a_c.jpg

2015-01-03 (Day 003) Moon Tree by atp, on Flickr