Reflection Sky Suite Aft - Looking for Information and Pictures!

SunnyAJ

I just departed the Constellation for the holiday sailing and booked a future cruise while on board. I typically do more research before booking, so now I'm searching for advice to see if I've made the right choice! We will be traveling with 2 teenage sons and like to have adjoining cabins. However, we are also looking for a bit more space. We've done a Celebrity Suite on the M-Class for all 4 of us (using a rollaway bed and sofa bed) but typically easier with the two connecting rooms so everyone has their own bed, 2 bathrooms, etc.

We are looking at a Reflection cruise with a Sky Suite Aft (9031) and the connecting 9303 Concierge Cabin. I can't find anything on Cruise Critic about these particular rooms. I've searched the spreadsheets and the site as well.

Has anyone out there traveled in this particular Sky Suite and can give advice? I'd love information specifically on the balcony size and how the 2 rooms adjoin. Is it outside of the front door with a main door providing the access to these two rooms? That's how it was explained to me, but I can't imagine because what if you are not using it as connecting in this fashion? Why would you want to share a "suite" entrance with a stranger? Any clarification would be appreciated!

I like the amenities with the suite, although I realize the adjoining room would not get all of the perks, so we'll probably not be able to use the new Suite Dining Room all of the time.

Also, if anyone has any room/balcony pictures of this particular Sky Suite 9301 or one similar), additionally how it adjoins with 9303, that would be GREAT. I'm looking at this early enough that I still have time to change. Thanks ahead of time.

We stayed in 9301 last year on the Reflection and have it booked again for this February. It's a great cabin with a large wrap around balcony. I believe if you do a search you will find pictures of the aft sky suites on the Reflection.. I don't know anything about the connecting cabin next door.

We stayed in 9301 last year on the Reflection and have it booked again for this February. It's a great cabin with a large wrap around balcony. I believe if you do a search you will find pictures of the aft sky suites on the Reflection.. I don't know anything about the connecting cabin next door.

Good to hear! I was able to find a few pictures, but it seems like some people said that either their balcony was extremely narrow or very large, depending on what floor they were one. (I don't recall which thread it was on, but I did see some pictures of a Sky Suite with a very narrow wrap around balcony so that worried me.) Glad to hear that 9301 had a nice sized one. Thanks!

First, the rooms connect with an outer hallway door, it's like a little entrance way, each room also has an inner door. When there are strangers in the two rooms the outer door is left open, and the inner doors are used. Often a housekeeping cart is left in the hallway which was a bit annoying, but I doubt they can do this if the two cabins are connecting. It is actually a pretty large space, and would make for a VERY nice connecting cabin with children. While I had noticed the doors, I hadn't thought much about it, though I would prefer this cabin setup over a CS with four as you get real beds for everyone and multiple bathrooms in addition to the wonderful aft view. The only loss is Michael's Club and slightly more VIP treatment.

The only smaller S1 balconies are the ones on the lowest deck, and I think this only applies to Reflection and Silhouette.

While this is Eclipse, the cabin will look similar with the only difference being the placement of the pole or sofa and chair.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

That definitely looks like a view I'd like. Thank you EMc&DrS!

If anyone has time to reply, any problems with motion in an aft? Did being far away from elevators/stairs bother you?

It is a long walk, but we didn't mind it because it's typically quieter in the back (no kids running up and down the hall) and the spacious room with the great balcony/view was worth the walk. You will feel more movement in the back, but it's more of a vibration from the propellers underneath than a rocking back and forth. If you really prefer being close to the elevators and feeling little or no movement, you might want to stay closer to mid-ship.

Here are a few more pics from our stateroom:

ImageUploadedByForums1420212760.563808.jpg.fc600640336bd41051bb2427970bade8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

ImageUploadedByForums1420212668.510298.jpg.917094172d827ceda12910add502f8d4.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1420212685.680837.jpg.c92879e4ab8a76d39a2f38c17572aae5.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1420212704.840877.jpg.79329de22cf45959861de2c81723d10b.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1420212719.685123.jpg.5137ac484ccdc525ceb553b4a5e0ef58.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1420212730.217983.jpg.6e4d77bb7f13c09a8728368417f19895.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1420212746.818435.jpg.6d5e694bc53a88697eaf05628fda3489.jpg

Love the pictures! I really do think the Sky Suite looks spacious.

Jenna - Glad you agree on my thinking that this set-up would be preferable over the CS for all 4 of us.

I hate losing some VIP privileges since we'll be in a smaller suite and kids in a Concierge cabin, but I think it will be worth it. We have enjoyed Michael's Lounge in the past, and loved the special tours, etc. we received with this amenity, but with the 123Go deal now, we'll get free drinks and don't need Michael's for this anyway. What bothers me is not being able to dine in the new Suite dining room with my kids, but maybe they'll go off of for a few meals on their own, so then we can use this feature.

We've never stayed in an Aft cabin before (always mid-ship) but I always thought the views would be spectacular. It really looks they will be based on everyone's pictures, despite the extra motion...I always carry my Bonine anyway just in case! :-) Thank you!

The walk is no big deal. I do get annoyed (at myself) when I forget something in the cabin. If you're having lunch in the Aqua Spa, and then heading to say get a Pedi and your nail color is in the room, it's a walk to and from, say 1800+ feet, so 1/3 of a mile ish.

We personally think the aft views are worth it, and hope they put more suites on the aft on the new builds.

Good way to burn calories I guess though :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

First, the rooms connect with an outer hallway door, it's like a little entrance way, each room also has an inner door. When there are strangers in the two rooms the outer door is left open, and the inner doors are used. Often a housekeeping cart is left in the hallway which was a bit annoying, but I doubt they can do this if the two cabins are connecting. It is actually a pretty large space, and would make for a VERY nice connecting cabin with children. While I had noticed the doors, I hadn't thought much about it, though I would prefer this cabin setup over a CS with four as you get real beds for everyone and multiple bathrooms in addition to the wonderful aft view. The only loss is Michael's Club and slightly more VIP treatment.

The only smaller S1 balconies are the ones on the lowest deck, and I think this only applies to Reflection and Silhouette.

While this is Eclipse, the cabin will look similar with the only difference being the placement of the pole or sofa and chair.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We have just booked #1669 on the end of the ship - AFT. So looking forward to this one. We will be spending 3 days in Rome prior to taking the cruise. This will be our second trip to Rome.

We were in 9305 in December. I think the location is great. This is the view of the hallway from next to the elevator lobby, looking back to where your cabins would be located. The walk was no problem for us.

DSCF2328.jpg

Since I log 10,000 steps per day, this will be an asset.

I have stayed in aft S1 suites on both previous cruises and my sister and brother in law switched from celebrity suite to S1 suite when they saw mine. It was great having both corners last time to sit on port or starboard depending on the view. The walk is no problem but I do admit to slipping off the heels last thing at night for the walk. Generally no one is looking at that time!! Soot hasn't been a great problem. This next cruise we are having a S1 with connecting S2 for me so hoping for a real wrap around balcony but not sure if the S2 will be as nice as the S1.i would have thought plenty of space for one though.

LOL to Ayton lady! On our last cruise, my heels sometimes came off before I made it back to our cabin too...and we were mid-ship!! Glad to hear you've been happy with the Sky Suite.

I saw the S1 that connects to the S2 that you mentioned and also considering that for our trip. It would eliminate the issues with 1/2 of our family not getting the suite perks, but just not sure it's worth the price difference. Still debating though. We'll probably have plenty of room with the concierge cabin connecting - the outer entrance way sounds great.

We've always stayed mid-ship, so really hoping the balcony with view will be amazing. The walking doesn't seem too bad - thanks for the great hallways view photos! I'm a stairs person anyway, so that doesn't bother me too much.

The soot factor does worry me. I'm afraid if we see any of it - my family won't let me hear the end of it!!

I have stayed in aft S1 suites on both previous cruises and my sister and brother in law switched from celebrity suite to S1 suite when they saw mine. It was great having both corners last time to sit on port or starboard depending on the view. The walk is no problem but I do admit to slipping off the heels last thing at night for the walk. Generally no one is looking at that time!! Soot hasn't been a great problem. This next cruise we are having a S1 with connecting S2 for me so hoping for a real wrap around balcony but not sure if the S2 will be as nice as the S1.i would have thought plenty of space for one though.

The S2 will actually have more storage space and more hanging space not that you really need more than the S1 has, we have no problem with storage in that suite, and we do NOT pack lightly.

We've has small amounts of soot occasionally, but nothing too bad.

Add me in to the list that slips off the heels for the walk home at night :cool:

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thought I'd bring this one back in case anyone is interested. We just returned from this cruise and this was a fantastic choice of cabin(s) for my family. Since I had originally questioned it, I remembered to take pictures of the way the rooms connect with each other in the hallway.

I've included them in the link below (once you click, scroll down to the Suites section) to see pictures of the cabins. It's a great little "suite" for those who love the aft and want to have connecting cabins with privacy.

We are definitely sold on aft cabins now and have booked the same kind of set-up for our next cruise!

http://www.myvirtualvacations.net/celebrity-cabins.html

Edited by SunnyAJ

Thought I'd bring this one back in case anyone is interested. We just returned from this cruise and this was a fantastic choice of cabin(s) for my family. Since I had originally questioned it, I remembered to take pictures of the way the rooms connect with each other in the hallway.

I've included them in the link below (once you click, scroll down to the Suites section) to see pictures of the cabins. It's a great little "suite" for those who love the aft and want to have connecting cabins with privacy.

We are definitely sold on aft cabins now and have booked the same kind of set-up for our next cruise!

http://www.myvirtualvacations.net/celebrity-cabins.html

Welcome back!!! We booked two S-1 for our summer cruise on the Reflection. How things worked out with Luminae and Michael's Club? Can't wait to go back to the Reflection. Last time we had a RS for the four of us but this time we chose the two S-1 to give everyone a bed and have the extra bathroom. :):)

Welcome back!!! We booked two S-1 for our summer cruise on the Reflection. How things worked out with Luminae and Michael's Club? Can't wait to go back to the Reflection. Last time we had a RS for the four of us but this time we chose the two S-1 to give everyone a bed and have the extra bathroom. :):)

Exactly!! I always lean towards getting a larger suite, but with 4 people (2 adults and 2 teenage boys) it's too much for a sleeper to be pulled out and only 1 bathroom. We loved this set-up and already booked 2 connecting Sky Suite's for Alaska on the Solstice in 2017. This way we can all eat in Luminae the whole time. (It was amazing!) They told me the 2 SS's we booked on Solstice are the same set-up.

This past cruise on Reflection, we had the boys eat in Luminae a few times with us, but since they were in a regular cabin, we ate mostly in the MDR to play it safe. They told me the rules were under 12 years old would be automatically assigned where parents are but since our boys are 14 and 16, they were assigned MDR. I still think that's a bit odd, but it all worked out! We brought them in to Michael's Club also and the wonderful concierge (Samantha) got to know all of us, so that wasn't an issue either. It's a wonderful ship!

AJ, thank you! This is the exact cabin we booked for our August Mediterranean cruise and we previously cruised in Sky Suite 1214.

Nice! I love finding people in the same cabins! Have a great cruise!

• 1 year later...