Coca-Cola Freestyle Machines

Now can somebody explain how they exactly work because i don't understand:confused:

Do you get them with a soda package or something because the reason i don't understand is because they didn't have them on the Splendour of the Seas, or is that right?

They don't work unless you have the cup with the RFID chip in it. (They won't turn on) But do go to youtube and search for videos. It can be annoying when the person in front of you doesn't know what they are doing. Ever been in a fast food line and the person in front of you asks a question about everything on the menu? Perhaps you can see if any stores in your town have them. Here in Columbus they are in a few places including fast food and a movie theater.

Note to the OP.............

The chip that is built into the cup is sync'd to their machines. So it only allows you to fill the cup every ten minutes. Not that anyone can drink soda that fast.

But I messed up the first time I used it. I put my cup in and hit the diet coke button then released it. I only had a shot of soda in my cup. Although I didn't lift my cup from the machine disconnecting the chip, it still made me wait ten minutes. That was my quick learning lesson.:D

Note to the OP.............

The chip that is built into the cup is sync'd to their machines. So it only allows you to fill the cup every ten minutes. Not that anyone can drink soda that fast.

But I messed up the first time I used it. I put my cup in and hit the diet coke button then released it. I only had a shot of soda in my cup. Although I didn't lift my cup from the machine disconnecting the chip, it still made me wait ten minutes. That was my quick learning lesson.:D

Must just have been that machine. As long as we did not remove the cup we were able to select and combine several different flavours.

Must just have been that machine. As long as we did not remove the cup we were able to select and combine several different flavours.

Funny story that some of you have heard before. They do prevent you from sharing by not letting you refill your cup for 15 minutes (on Allure) after you fill up. I was in line behind a guy, whom I am 99% sure he read English. He put his cup up and the machine said " REFILLS NOT AVAILABLE for 2 minutes and 45 seconds. " He pulled the cup back, waited 10 seconds and tried again. I stood in amazement and watched him repeat this without standing aside till the timer reached zero. (This was the single machine in the Wipeout)

Funny story that some of you have heard before. They do prevent you from sharing by not letting you refill your cup for 15 minutes (on Allure) after you fill up. I was in line behind a guy, whom I am 99% sure he read English. He put his cup up and the machine said " REFILLS NOT AVAILABLE for 2 minutes and 45 seconds. " He pulled the cup back, waited 10 seconds and tried again. I stood in amazement and watched him repeat this without standing aside till the timer reached zero. (This was the single machine in the Wipeout)

He was most likely a chair hog as well.:eek:

They don't work unless you have the cup with the RFID chip in it. (They won't turn on) But do go to youtube and search for videos. It can be annoying when the person in front of you doesn't know what they are doing. Ever been in a fast food line and the person in front of you asks a question about everything on the menu? Perhaps you can see if any stores in your town have them. Here in Columbus they are in a few places including fast food and a movie theater.

I Will look at it on youtube because i understand it is freaking annoying when someone in front of you doesn't know how that thing works:D

The freestyle machines are great! But sometimes they will tell you they don't read your cup even though it's clearly sitting on the black plate. If this happens press the cup down firmly on the black plate and it should fix that problem!

I also went back sooner than 15 minutes sometimes, never had a proble.

If we were really thirsty we would just go to a bar and get a simple soda fountain drink with our card. But that did not happen often.

On the Allure we never had to wait too long, it seemed that the timing thingie was not always active.

Safe journeys

I'm sure you can buy some package with it included, but when I was on Explorer in July, I went to a bar the day the ship left and bought the travel mug with unlimited usage of the soda machines for $5.00 a day. Quite a bargain I thought. That not only works with the machines, but they will also fill your mug at any of the bars, or anywhere else they might offer drinks.

If we were really thirsty we would just go to a bar and get a simple soda fountain drink with our card. But that did not happen often.

On the Allure we never had to wait too long, it seemed that the timing thingie was not always active.

Safe journeys

I was just about to ask, "does Allure have the Freestyle machines?" but this post suggests: Yes.

No one can really answer my next question, which is--will Allure still be using these by the time my Transatlantic cruise comes at the end of a summer of sailing in Europe? Probably not--ALTHOUGH it should be added that Coke Freestyle machines DO exist over here in the UK. But since Allure sails out of Barcelona, that doesn't really help... :rolleyes: