Crown Princess Plaza deck cabin P3xx

Seashellmama

We're on a 4day "sampler" later this month, and after initially taking E102 got upgraded/moved to the plaza deck, oceanview, port side. I'm looking at the deck plan and it appears that there is a door from the end of the hallway by P336 into the Piazza, right by the International Cafe... I'm wondering if that is, in fact, a passenger accessible door. Because that'd be mighty convenient! Not that having to go forward and through the art gallery is so awful or anything.

We're on a 4day "sampler" later this month, and after initially taking E102 got upgraded/moved to the plaza deck, oceanview, port side. I'm looking at the deck plan and it appears that there is a door from the end of the hallway by P336 into the Piazza, right by the International Cafe... I'm wondering if that is, in fact, a passenger accessible door. Because that'd be mighty convenient! Not that having to go forward and through the art gallery is so awful or anything.

No, that door is not accessible by passengers...

Yeah, I was fine with the front of the Emerald deck there, was kind of looking forward to it. My mom is thrilled with the new location, though, and she's probably right- it won't be the warmest cruise ever, so having the Piazza easily accessible is probably more useful than having the upper promenade right there.

Meanwhile... contradictory answers!

The door is one of those "secret" passenger doors. It will take you out to Piazza, next to the gelato counter.

BTW, if you've ever eaten *real* gelato, don't bother with this version. Its not worth it. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't gelato.

M.

Yes, it is.

There are also replies that say "no, it isn't"

The beauty of cruise critic!

The deck plans DO seem to make it clear that there's a door, but other ships show a door that goes to what seems like it might be a behind-a-counter working area of some sort, and I've seen multiple references to the weird-but-okness of walking through the art gallery to get to cabins on the Plaza deck...

It sounds basically sure that we WILL be able to slip through that door into the Piazza. Mental vision of how things will be somewhat firmed up. Beauty!

On most Grand class ships, there is no passenger access to the Plaza deck hallway doors on either side by the Piazza. Passage is blocked by the IC and Vines or Alfredo's depending upon the ship. That is why many people have said no. The layout by the IC on the port side on the Crown, Emerald and Ruby is different and it does appear, as some have said, that on the port side of those ships that hallway door at the Piazza is accessible to passengers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes it is always accessible and is extremely close to the International Café which is open 24/7. They close the door at night so that noise from the Piazza doesn't disturb anyone who may be sleeping. One problem on Plaza deck is mechanical noise from some of the hydraulics under the floor. WE were in

P332 and tried to get relocated but it was either an inside room or ear plugs. Some people opted for the downgrade. We got the earplugs. Never again on Plaza Deck!

Marty

janacin@verizon.net

Edited by janacin
added note.

...One problem on Plaza deck is mechanical noise from some of the hydraulics under the floor. WE were in

P332 and tried to get relocated but it was either an inside room or ear plugs. Some people opted for the downgrade. We got the earplugs. Never again on Plaza Deck!

Marty

janacin@verizon.net

The noise you are describing is quite likely the stabilizers. They make a loud grinding/groaning sort of sound when deployed. I have heard them in the forwardmost area of the IC on the Golden (a semi-sister of the Crown), and have read they can affect the aftmost cabins on the Plaza Deck also.

There was mention of this in another thread awhile back.

Edited by Ryndam2002

On Crown, Emerald, and Ruby, port side hallway door goes directly to the Piazza. It's the ships with retrofitted International Cafes that do not allow this. The deck plans actually pretty clear about this access.

I believe you are correct on this. The Golden was retrofitted, and the door is not public access. It appears to be a staff entrance to the deli/dessert counter area. I tried to use it as a "cut through", and couldn't :(.